New project knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Davis

Reaction score
I made this one for fun. Damascus, musk ox horn, african blackwood and white spacer.
2012-03-07_22-32-41_366.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic, finally found my camera, and will upload nice pics later.
What do you guys think?

Mike

I'm betting you have a pm from Oivind in your inbox, Mike.

BWUAHAHAHA!!! I love this thing. Now i shouuld tell you guys that it is a mini, made from cut off scraps and is 2.5 inches in total length. I will soon have a full size version in the works. I had to post it, as it was so much fun to make :D

That is insanely funny. I'm going to do this. Please post a pic of it cutting a whole roasted dove.

Oh god, put it on a rack of pork ribs and post pics bragging on your meat market!

Love the handle. Musk ox horn. Great something else expensive to add to my list of wants.
Have you tested it on a garlic clove or chives.

Interesting concept. I could see buying a mini model of a knife as well as the bigger version just for fun! Very nice.

Is this a solid musk horn?

Looks interesting. People use it on western handles, so why not use it on wa.

M

BWUAHAHAHA!!! I love this thing. Now i shouuld tell you guys that it is a mini, made from cut off scraps and is 2.5 inches in total length. I will soon have a full size version in the works. I had to post it, as it was so much fun to make :D

Blade and handle is 2.5 inches? :rofl2:

HAHAHA!!! I was hoping it would be taken for the novelty that it is. I had thought about making a bunch of these, as they are just fun to do. I have a few more small pieces of scraps that i will whip a few more up and run a giveaway. I swear, try it...It is the most fun you can have with scrap materials. Maybe i can get the next one big enough to be a necker...we shall see. I have a little bit of the musk ox scraps left, and a few ivory scraps also.
I do want to say...it is fully forged to shape, heat treated and sharp as hell!

Thanks for looking guys :D
Mike

There is a knife maker I always see at the shows who makes minis and for him they sell like crazy.

Dan Graves makes some amazing miniature daggers and they are always sold out. there is a market for them.

I agree about Dan's daggers....I have tried to snag a few, but they are always gone when i see them lol. Expect a batch of these this weekend :D

Have pics of that one this weekend as well :D I have it fully fitted and in final glue up :) I had to go buy a buffer just to finish it up lol. I am having a buddy come take pics of it for me sunday.

Family is doing well, thanks for asking :) You will be seeing it this weekend....

Mike Nice work on this little bugger. Its not easy making these small knives. I guess my fat fingers get in the way when I try to make tiny knives.. lol Your mini looks Xtra nice! Cant wait to see the next ones!!

I need to see a picture of this thing next to a full size gyuto.

Is the blade 2.5" long or the whole thing?

Looks very well done. I may need one of these...

I want a whole set (petty, gyuto, cleaver) with matching handles in a little presentation box from Randy, or else a mini magnetic wall strip.

I will put a pic up later of it next to a 240 :) I am heading out in a few to forge out a few more. These are so much fun to do!!! You will see pics of the batch later tonight :) Also....a finished suji?:pirate1::pirate3::cliffhang:

Back