Quantcast
Get-together last Saturday at JKI
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get-together last Saturday at JKI

Get-together last Saturday at JKI

Well, I have no pics but I have to say going to JKI last Saturday was a blast. A few people showed up to check out Bill's proto, try out some of Jon's latest additions on some produce on a proper BoardSMITH, no less, sharpen a bunch of knives on various stock and experimental stones and generally talk about knives the way I wish I could with "normal" folk. Some of the highlights were the Gesshin Hide Hon Kasumi gyuto which might have taken top honors. We didn't cut with it but I sharpened Chuck's DT super wear resistant gyuto and discovered that Belgian Coticule has virtually no effect on this steel. It was shocking! The other knife I found surprising, personally was the Suisin Inox 240 gyuto. I am switching my best value western to this line. I don't know about the edge holding but it has very nice fit and finish (other than spine and choil rounding) and cuts very, very well. We finished off the evening with some excellent pizza (seriously good stuff) at Stella Rossa. Thanks to Jon and esp. Sara for hosting and tolerating all the knerdiness!

Jealous. Sounds like a super good time, and nice to be around like minded people.

Engorged Member
    For those of you who missed it here's a picture of $10k worth of knives sitting on a table at Jon's last Saturday:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0032.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	4494  

Cool. You guys are my closest neighbors, but I still could not make it...

Stetan

But one of your handles made it there (Blazen on the upper right).

Nice shot Pesky.

there were a few stefan handles represented and a bit of rottman's work too (which i must say is consistently impressive)

You must have better eyes than me, Tilman, I still don't see it... But I'd definitely like to be part of such a meeting some time. Maybe I should have applied for that job in LA.

Stefan

Stefan, upper right corner, Blazen in black saya, very large oval handle yellowish-black pointing away...