Bill Burke

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oivind_dahle

Banned
Reaction score
Subforum for this smith is wanted!

I love his work, and would like to have a subforum for him

Also I suggest a subforum for the japanes smiths, like shigefusa, heiji....

I can contact him, as I also have a order at him.

Bill Burke is one of my favs. He skills are far beyon most others.
For me its important that he shows his work.

Dave:
I would like to have a gallery of each subforum, without posibility to comment. Just to have their work at one place :)

Hello everyone and thanks for the welcome. I would love to participate here but be warned I do not have a lot of time to just hang out and post but will check in and answer questions and participate as time allows.:biggrin:

Wow, that did not take long, you guys sure know how to work your magic! :thumbsup:

Welcome Bill, always love your works though. If only I can afford to get your suji.......

Thanks for the warm welcome all. you've probably all seen these but Here are some pics.
colin's suji
standard.jpg

My first yanagi. 52100 and wrought iron
standard.jpg

52100 suji with curly koa
standard.jpg

generic slicer, made from tamahagane that I smelted myself
standard.jpg

sanmai gyoto ten inch blade 416 with 52100 core
standard.jpg

Looks great Bill,

Glad to have you with us

Hoss

Amazing stuff Bill! Can not wait to see more and here your thoughts!

Wait, Bill doesn't have his own subforum yet? FOR SHAME!

I moved this thread out of the site feedback section since it's turning into more of a knife talk thread.

I was hoping for his own subforum :)

Bill's been offered his own sub-forum. :)

We shouldn't pressure him to accept this though. He may have good reasons for not being able to take on his own sub forum and we should respect his wishes.

*Note on Knifemaker's sub-forums....Knifemakers making good kitchen knives are welcome to have their own sub-forums here with the only requirement being participation of themselves within their sub-forum. We are not going to make galleries for makers, this costs money in storage disc space used. The goal is to build a community while supporting knifemakers the best we can but we have to strike a balance somewhere. I suspect that this will have to be addressed more and more as the forum grows in size.

Last edited:
Good to see you Bill, I've been missing ya. Suji still going strong hitting the two year mark of almost daily, 6 day a week, 16 hour day pro use.
Note: I have only sharpened this knife 4 times!! Leather & felt strop with diamond compound daily.:thumbsup:

Good to see you Bill, I've been missing ya. Suji still going strong hitting the two year mark of almost daily, 6 day a week, 16 hour day pro use.
Note: I have only sharpened this knife 4 times!! Leather & felt strop with diamond compound daily.:thumbsup:

Don't worry Colin you will be hearing from me soon.:biggrin:

Good to see you here, Bill. I heard I will see one of your knives up close very soon :) and will make a saya for it. Will have to match the horn with a tiger maple wood. Look forward to it. I am a big fan of your and Devin work, so this will be fun.

M

Good to see you here, Bill. I heard I will see one of your knives up close very soon :) and will make a saya for it. Will have to match the horn with a tiger maple wood. Look forward to it. I am a big fan of your and Devin work, so this will be fun.

M

Hmmmmm, who's it going to be for?

Latest posts

Back