• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Takeda

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quantumcloud509

Reaction score
What do I want from the Takeda line? I don't know. But I have extra money from my pay check. Any offers out there?

I've got a 240 gyuto I don't use much....

Thats unfortunate! :) I prefer the 270. Which I already have. I also have the large chukobocho. I actually can't say that I PREFER the 270 over a 240 because Ive never tried the 240 gyuoto...but...Im thinking of trying to limit my intake of gyuotos! (but not my limit of cleavers ;) )

Banno kobunka bocho, deba. MAYBE another 270mm gyuoto because its not getting used *yikes*.

...i was thinking of making a present of it to my pops...God knows i lost plenty of his nice kitchen knives on camping trips, etc.

I just realized that im making excuses to cover up a habit...sounds too familiar...been through this too many times before...whos got the number to the knife rehab place? ;)

I just realized that im making excuses to cover up a habit...sounds too familiar...been through this too many times before...whos got the number to the knife rehab place? ;)

Everyone knows the first step is to remove all sources of temptation, so you should send all your knives to me.

But seriously, there is no known cure, at least none that I know.

Rick

...whos got the number to the knife rehab place? ;)

I tried sending you the number, but there seems to a filter in the site software that prevents it from being posted. Kept getting an error message that said, "back off, old man!" :dontknow:

Well...unfortunately (or fortunately) someone else picked off the 270 gyuoto from under me....i dont know if im happy or sad, but i think im more happy because it will now hopefully get used. The nice part about that is the money will now be funneled into my first straight razor acquisition. I am currently looking at a 6/8 Puma Gold from the mid 1940's. Ideally I wanted a rustic or kurouche finish but nothing in my price range ($300) was found. Ah well. Too bad Takedas straights run around $1000 and look nothing like his knives.

Oh my! You are in deep! Now straights? Chisels and handplane irons soon to follow?

Nah. I dont use either. Plus im basically homeless. I live in an rv on the streets of seattle. I "move" once every three days. Theres only so much stuff you can fit into a 24' long shanty.

Dude, you can get a great Boker for like $75! I'd slow down a bit here....

No man, I shave my head every couple days....thought Id try out the straight....couldnt figure it out with the guyoto or the cleaver, decided to go for razor :D

If it's your first straight, I suggest that you not jump in the deep end of the pool with a $300 razor. Get one well under $100 and see if you care for using it. The classifieds at SRP are a good place to get one. http://straightrazorplace.com/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=3

Just my two cents.

Rick

I got a nice Butcher Special for 40 bucks on the SRP and after a little love on a JNat it really rocks.

Thanks for the input....OK! SO, what do you guys think about this one - http://straightrazorplace.com/class...13826&title=6-2f8-26quot-3bdovo-pearlex&cat=3 ?

I'm not a big fan of goldwash, but Dovos are good razors and that isn't a bad price, just not a great one. New, it's $145 from Straight Razor Designs. You could do worse, though.

One of our members here (mainaman) is also active in straight razors, and has offered some good deals in the past. He has a razor listed on SRP right now, a Herder 13/16". You might drop him a PM and ask if he's got any he's about to list that would be good for you.

Rick

I'm not a big fan of goldwash, but Dovos are good razors and that isn't a bad price, just not a great one. New, it's $145 from Straight Razor Designs. You could do worse, though.

One of our members here (mainaman) is also active in straight razors, and has offered some good deals in the past. He has a razor listed on SRP right now, a Herder 13/16". You might drop him a PM and ask if he's got any he's about to list that would be good for you.

Rick

Sweet!. Thanks Rick. Will do.

-Pavel

Back