Quantcast
HUGE mammoth tusk!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HUGE mammoth tusk!!

HUGE mammoth tusk!!

Here is a tusk I am considering purchasing.. Its HUGE measuring in at a whopping 52 kgs in weight and 225 cm length measured around the outside curve.

Thats 114 lbs an over 88" long. Thats like 7 foot give or take!!!!

decisions, decisions!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mammoth tusk!!!.jpg‎
Views:	66
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	5188  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Go for it, Randy!

Here are a few more pictures. Judging by the weight. and the photos, it looks pretty SOLID! I imagine the grain in this large of a tusk will be Stellar!

There is a lifetime of mammoth ivory handles in this one tusk.. Thing is, I dont know if I could make myself cut up a piece like this!! Then again. It would probably be fun!!! LOTS and LOTS of knife handles here!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mammoth1.jpg‎
Views:	34
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	5194   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mammoth 2.jpg‎
Views:	35
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	5192  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mammoth 3.jpg‎
Views:	35
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	5193  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I am sure there will be people volunteering to take some off your hands.. I will get on the list for some interior pieces.

Stefan

I dont think it will be a problem!! The biggest hurtle is coming up with the cash to buy it!!

Availible Knives

Sponsors

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    I dont think it will be a problem!! The biggest hurtle is coming up with the cash to buy it!!
    I'll help you out and buy your musk ox.

Hmmm....Randy, you always have me wondering how i can come up with extra money....

If you are willing to sell it to whomever, and you are going to continue to use this material for a long time, it's a solid decision to buy it. You'll save gobs of money in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burke View Post
    I'll help you out and buy your musk ox.
    Maybe i can help you out. There have been a lot of very helpful people on this forum including you. Next week I will do a giveaway for $125.00+14.00. A lucky winner will get $139.00. I will put the post numbers in a random number generator for the winner. Guys like Sachem "son", Chef Niloc, Pierre Rodrigue,Pensacola Tiger, and many others have really gone the extra mile for someone they never met. Certainly not trying to exclude anyone from that list. I am really blessed to have met such a great group of people here.

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. *~James D. Miles

Theres no question its a nice piece and worthy of having! Now to work out all the details. Im thinking I will offer pre orders. to some of the knife makers and suppliers I know and deal with.. Just thinking out loud here.. Say selling it in 10 to 15 lb increments.. With option to have it processed further.. into scales and blocks.. etc. or take as a large piece/pieces. Allowing the end user to split it up any way they want. Again.. Im just thinking here.. nothing set in stone yet.. Its gona be the only way I can acquire this piece will be to do something like this.

More to come if this develops.

Deck hand if im understanding right.. your gona do a CASH give away!?!?! Thats too cool of ya! We all like money!

Availible Knives

+ Reply to Thread