A couple new knives from forum members.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
These are a couple knives on their way to me from members of the forum.

Most of you have seen this one that Pierre made.
Its a 270 mm suji, CPM 154, at HRC 61, hand rubbed to a smokey finish.

attachment.php

attachment.php

And this one from Butch

dsc09215sm.jpg

I am really excited about both of these knives.
I will be like a kid waiting for Christmas day until they arrive.

That is really exciting! Sure you will really enjoy them.

Mark, how do you, of all people, post these photos and mention the handle materials? ;)

I love the suji Pierre made for you and the Kramer profile on Butch's creation. Very cool.

I love the seamless transition between handle and blade on butch's knives, where it looks awkward on so many other knive butch's have an organic natural look to them. And that ivory on Pierre's really sets off the dyed redwood nicely, a vary classy looking knive simple and well executed with flawless percision. I would be excited too if I had those coming my way.

Mark, how do you, of all people, post these photos and mention the handle materials? ;)

I love the suji Pierre made for you and the Kramer profile on Butch's creation. Very cool.

OOOPS

The knife Pierre made has Dyed Black Redwood Burl with Mammoth Ivory.
The knife Butch made has Curly Mango.

Both are way nicer than I deserve.

How can a man stacking that amount of nice wood not deserve nice knives(the suji looks very nimble)?

That mango sure was nice, will have to pickup some of that when my wallet feels a bit heavier.

I love the seamless transition between handle and blade on butch's knives, where it looks awkward on so many other knive butch's have an organic natural look to them.

thanks i try hard to not only keep the flow from the look but also in how they handle (guess the art classes i had back in school are working out afterall )

This is the kitchen knife Butch made for me.
It just arrived in the mail today and I love it.
Thank You Butch!

Sorry about the bad photos (lots of drool and fingerprints).

km006.jpg

km007.jpg

km009.jpg

km003.jpg

I used the knife last night and it kicks butt!
A good kitchen knife makes all the difference in the world in how everything turns out.
You couldn't tell me this before, but now I am hooked.

Back