Hello from Maine

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all from Maine ! I am an amature foodie and knife lover who has been drawn to the lure of good quality cutlery ! so far in my meager collection I have a set of victronox god handled knives 1 boker damascus sontuku and 2 al mar damascus knives a sontuku and guyoto . Hope to learn much from my fellow foodies .
Moses in Maine.

ps can any one recommend the best knife to cut basturma ???? lol!!

Welcome to the Knut House!
Use a Rader scimitar.

Welcome. From what I got off of google search is a pastrami.

Welcome. From what I got off of google search is a pastrami.

thanks for the greetings kind sir but thems fighting words!!!

basturma is the grand daddy of cured meats and a true Armenian dish . basically. take a tenderloin of beef soak it in a mixture called. chama. paprika chili powder cumin and some other stuff after the soak wrap in cheese cloth and hang dried for about 6 months . It tends to be an acquired taste most either love or hate it . Myself I can live of the stuff !!!!

:ntmy:

Best thing to cut Pastirma with? Well, a slicer of course is the appropriate tool. Which slicer is best? Oh, I'd say one of these four:
IMG_1452.JPG

5261A8DC-5056-A345-0C7BFD895CAEEE66.jpg

sujifinalphotos108.jpg

standard.jpg

My bad I should have said a type of pastrami. I didn't do much reading just what the search brought up. I just read Basturma, a recipe for Lebanese Armenian pastrami.

Mr burke those knives look so beautiful I dare not ask there price for fear of stopping my heart from severe price shock !!!
Are those knives of your own making. ? I see you spelled basturma with a P most don't that's more the Turkish or eastern Armenian way of spelling it . I have a great. Turkish restaurant here in Maine I go to all the time real home made anatolian food just like my great grandmother would make. They cure there own basturma to and it is. wonderful !!!

Back