Quantcast
Soon to be my meat chopper - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Soon to be my meat chopper

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,246
    The cleaver is ready and will be shipped soon.

    750g, rosewood handle.
    SK-4, KU finish, with private brand but made by Yoshikane.




    I also ordered a custom spec Chinese slicer, also made by Yoshikane.
    V2 kasumi, 385g , 220x110mm




  2. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rockport, TX
    Posts
    4,892
    That's a mighty fine meat chopper! I really dig it's curves.

    Might I ask, why do you prefer the removable rivets? Do you like to change handle scales seasonally or something?

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    That's a mighty fine meat chopper! I really dig it's curves.

    Might I ask, why do you prefer the removable rivets? Do you like to change handle scales seasonally or something?
    the choice was made by Yoshikane, they are locked in place.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Cadillac J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    621
    Those are badass! Did you specify the exact amount of belly on the slicer?

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,246
    No I left Yoshikane to decide on the belly, I have seen profiles of cleavers made by him and the belly looks fine to me.
    What I specifically wanted was a pretty thin slicer and judging by the weight it is.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Cadillac J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    621
    I was just curious because I personally didn't like the belly on my Suien and Kagayaki cleavers (spent lots of time trying to flatten the Kag), and was just wondering if you had a functional preference for a bit more curve.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac J View Post
    I was just curious because I personally didn't like the belly on my Suien and Kagayaki cleavers (spent lots of time trying to flatten the Kag), and was just wondering if you had a functional preference for a bit more curve.
    I never had a problem with my Suien, my Tadatsuna has less belly and it works fine too. I am definitely not a fan of flat edge on a cleaver though.

  8. #18

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    stereo.pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,781
    More and more I am becoming intrigued by Yoshikane's work.

  10. #20
    Senior Member zitangy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SIngapore
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac J View Post
    Those are badass! Did you specify the exact amount of belly on the slicer?

    I suppose sharpening it would call for some adjustments of technique since it is so " bellyful" as we would want to keep the curve...

    I volunteer my services for free adn free of any claim of damages....

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts