Soon to be my meat chopper

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainaman

Founding Member
Reaction score
Custom made by my design (still needs handle installed), will update when I have it with more pics.
Handle is 8mm thick
from edge to spine 100mm
tip to heel 160mm

5ahs0y.jpg

6i5ysm.jpg

Hey Dave, since it's your forum can't you make a rule about being a knife tease:lol2:

I better dig out my tease quote...

"The only thing missing from this thread is a bass beat and a pole"

:biggrin:

The cleaver is ready and will be shipped soon.

750g, rosewood handle.
SK-4, KU finish, with private brand but made by Yoshikane.

11mb3ox.jpg

sgqw0i.jpg

I also ordered a custom spec Chinese slicer, also made by Yoshikane.
V2 kasumi, 385g , 220x110mm

k568t1.jpg

33kr8ty.jpg

v80tap.jpg

That's a mighty fine meat chopper! I really dig it's curves.

Might I ask, why do you prefer the removable rivets? Do you like to change handle scales seasonally or something?

That's a mighty fine meat chopper! I really dig it's curves.

Might I ask, why do you prefer the removable rivets? Do you like to change handle scales seasonally or something?

the choice was made by Yoshikane, they are locked in place.

Those are badass! Did you specify the exact amount of belly on the slicer?

No I left Yoshikane to decide on the belly, I have seen profiles of cleavers made by him and the belly looks fine to me.
What I specifically wanted was a pretty thin slicer and judging by the weight it is.

I was just curious because I personally didn't like the belly on my Suien and Kagayaki cleavers (spent lots of time trying to flatten the Kag), and was just wondering if you had a functional preference for a bit more curve.

I was just curious because I personally didn't like the belly on my Suien and Kagayaki cleavers (spent lots of time trying to flatten the Kag), and was just wondering if you had a functional preference for a bit more curve.
I never had a problem with my Suien, my Tadatsuna has less belly and it works fine too. I am definitely not a fan of flat edge on a cleaver though.

More and more I am becoming intrigued by Yoshikane's work.

Those are badass! Did you specify the exact amount of belly on the slicer?

I suppose sharpening it would call for some adjustments of technique since it is so " bellyful" as we would want to keep the curve...

I volunteer my services for free adn free of any claim of damages....
:lol2:

That is sick. Dave, you should think about that design for your butcher set in the works.

Back