• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Hattori FH 270 VG-10 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpukas

Reaction score
Not sure why I'm selling this, other than I don't use it. I really like the knife, but there are others out there that I want to try. Hence I'm moving this one on to generate funds for something new. What, I have no idea yet... kinda makes me sad to let such a nice knife go that's seen so little use...

I bought the knife new a little more than a year ago from JCK. I've used it and sharpened in a few times, and it's in great condition. Never abused, not used in a commercial environment, used only by me. No chips. Since this was one of my first J-knives, the bevels are far from perfect and there is some scuffing and light scratching on the blade face from swarf/mud on the stones. I've only sharpened it on Shapton GlassStones 1k, 4, & 8k and stropped in on Cro on balsa and plain leather. It's been quite a while since I've sharpened or used it...

For those of you that are not familiar with this knife, just ask and I'll fill you in with what I know. I think this is a great knife for either a home cook or a professional environment. It's easy to care for being stainless, takes a good edge, has good retention, and is a nice balance between a laser and a mighty knife. The F&F is top notch. The handle is my favorite western handle. And most folks say Hattori's HT is the best for VG-10.

I'm asking $230. List is $272. Comes with original boxes and packaging. PayPal only. Includes USPS priority shipping in the CONUS & transaction fees. Shipping to other parts of the world will be additional. Thanks for looking! mpp

PhotoBucket links;

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

IMG_5022.jpg

IMG_5023.jpg

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5025.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

IMG_5027.jpg

IMG_5028.jpg

IMG_5029.jpg

bump for price drop - $210 including CONUS shipping.

Back