Quantcast
Yoshihiro anyone ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Yoshihiro anyone ?

anyone ever try their stainless gyuto? particularly the moly 240mm wa version. grind/profile, thickness/width, weight?

I got a 270 moly wa version last month. Great profile, asymmetric grind, pretty thin I can measure it tonight and light for a knife that big. It's the longest of my three 270's. I've been meaning to do a review of it just haven't had the time. I will next week fo sho.

Measurements and a description can be found at Japanese Knife Imports website.

I recently picked up a brand new but 2nd hand usuba from a member here. White 2 Yoshihiro 180 kamagata to be exact and I love it. Fit and Finish were good. Honestly for what you get I feel they are the best value around, from the wa-gyutos to the single bevels really well done knives for what you pay.

Quote Originally Posted by bieniek View Post
    congrats

but it will be a hell to maintain...
    Is this because a takobiki is harder to sharpen than a yanagiba? Or are you referring to single bevel knives in general or something else?

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambal View Post
    Is this because a takobiki is harder to sharpen than a yanagiba? Or are you referring to single bevel knives in general or something else?
    If you maintain any knife to the level that bieniek does, they are all hell to maintain!
    He's a little bit of a perfectionist.
    He may have been referring to the length and likelihood of it curving/bending/warping.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Exclamation I don't think you should comment.

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    if its ok for me to comment, i will say the ootb edges are so-so on the double bevels and slightly less on the single bevels (as is often the case with single bevel knives)
    Since your a direct competitor, even if your honest-your opinion may be taken as biased. This is a forum for people who actually own a Yoshihiro knife with helpful comments.
    Your ultimate interest conflicts with the interest of the questionnaire's. You may feel this may be unfair, but in your industry this is how it is.

Besides, I don't see Yoshihiro talking trash about your business anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by john2680508 View Post
    Since your a direct competitor, even if your honest-your opinion may be taken as biased. This is a forum for people who actually own a Yoshihiro knife with helpful comments.
    Your ultimate interest conflicts with the interest of the questionnaire's. You may feel this may be unfair, but in your industry this is how it is.

Lol. Jon sells Yoshihiro products - this ranting makes you look foolish.

at the time this was posted, i was carrying yoshihiro branded knives in my store and was making a comment about products I was carrying at the time.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.

As the starter of this thread I think you should mind your own business, and not resurrect an old thread to trash-talk anyone-especially Jon.
    Also, I'd take Jon's advice over just about anyone else. He is quite knowledgeable and does a lot more teaching and contributing 'round these parts than he does any pimping or selling of wares.
    Meh.
    It's too early to get grumpy.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon