Quantcast
Yoshihiro anyone ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Yoshihiro anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by john2680508 View Post
    Since your a direct competitor, even if your honest-your opinion may be taken as biased. This is a forum for people who actually own a Yoshihiro knife with helpful comments.
    Your ultimate interest conflicts with the interest of the questionnaire's. You may feel this may be unfair, but in your industry this is how it is.

Besides, I don't see Yoshihiro talking trash about your business anywhere.

Your comment is quite naive to put it nicely.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Jon has very specific and direct knowledge of Yoshihiro knives. At the time of his comments he was selling them. He can always be depended on to give a very frank and unvarnished assessment of the products he sells. Jon's opinions have never been shown to be anything less than honest and unbiased. If anything, his reputation is as a guy who bends over backwards to be honest and unbiased. Frankly, he's a guy who generally shies away from speaking negatively about other vendors and their products, and certainly doesn't make personal attacks on other members.

The was nothing negative about his over a year old comments. He said they came with an ok edge, and a less than ok edge. They're Japanese knives, and this is common. Meh.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by john2680508 View Post
    Since your a direct competitor, even if your honest-your opinion may be taken as biased. This is a forum for people who actually own a Yoshihiro knife with helpful comments.
    Your ultimate interest conflicts with the interest of the questionnaire's. You may feel this may be unfair, but in your industry this is how it is.

Besides, I don't see Yoshihiro talking trash about your business anywhere.
    I don't think Jon was talking trash about Yoshihiro. He was stating a fact. many and I mean many Japanese knife makers and some quite well known send out knives that are not that sharp. They leave it up to the owner to open up the blade and put a working edge on it themselves. They are in the business of making knives and we are in the business of making them work properly for our uses. I can assure that Jon will not talk trash about these makers many of them are his friends and business associates. He has always been honest and straight forward about the products he sells and that is why he is very well respected. I personally and many other members welcome what comments Jon has as we know that we will be getting a straight and true observation.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

i'm of firm belief that if you cant sharpen yourself or have the means to get it sharpened by someone who can on a regular basis, you really shouldn't be getting any knives nicer than a victorinox.

Thumbs up YOSHIHIRO- Shiroko-Kasumi Yanagi Sashimi Knife

My wife purchased a YOSHIHIRO- Shiroko-Kasumi Yanagi Sashimi Shitan Handle 10.5" knife. I used it once and chipped the blade on a fish bone. The company refused to take it back or replace it. I would not recommend their products after this experience.

Their knives are inferior products and grossly over priced.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    My wife purchased a YOSHIHIRO- Shiroko-Kasumi Yanagi Sashimi Shitan Handle 10.5" knife. I used it once and chipped the blade on a fish bone. The company refused to take it back or replace it. I would not recommend their products after this experience.

Welcome to KKF.

Yanagibas are intended to be used on boneless fish. Your "complaint" appears to be based on misuse, if not outright abuse, and is worthless.

Rick
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Welcome to KKF.

Yanagibas are intended to be used on boneless fish. Your "complaint" appears to be based on misuse, if not outright abuse, and is worthless.

Rick

Seems like we have an emotional customer here. I own a Aoko Suminagashi 10.5" Yanagiba and haven't had any issues with Yoshihiro apart from the fact that 1) It was blunt as a turd when I got it and 2) it takes alot of care to sharpen it properly to get maximum cutting performance from the knife.

Show you guys what I mean..Not sharpening here but gives you an idea of how it cuts after going through 3 stones and a leather strop. At some points, the fish and chorizo skin become slightly sticky but that didn't get in the way of things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX6HIkTWx4w

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post

You misused the knife. In any case, once you use the knife properly or not, I don't know of any vendor who will accept a return.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Actually, there are 2 I can think of off hand, Sur La Table and (from reports on here, occasionally) CKTG.
    "Meat, vegetables, a fish, an all-around kitchen knife including the bread. It is unsuitable for the thing which is too hard because a blade is thin." -Engrish