Quantcast
Konosuke Swedish stainless steel??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Konosuke Swedish stainless steel??

Konosuke Swedish stainless steel??

Thinking about picking up a 150mm Kono Swedish SS Petty from a local purveyor,and was wondering if anyone has any experience with Kono's Swedish SS.

http://www.toshoknifearts.com/shop/k...ewood-d-shaped

I already have a Kono HD 240mm gyuto and love it,but the HD petty is almost $100.00 more,is it worth the extra $$$

Thanks
    PK

I had that very knife for a long time. The steel is very nice. It is softer than HD steel but I think it is tougher. It takes a very fine edge and responds well to stropping and rodding.

Thanks tk59! I appreciate your input.I guess Swedish Steel is the same regardless of who puts their mark on it.I've never owned a Swedish steel knife,so I was just curious about the the things that you already mentioned(toughness,taking a fine edge etc..)
    Thanks again.Looks like there's gonna be a new knife in my kit very soon

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by shankster View Post
    Thanks tk59! I appreciate your input.I guess Swedish Steel is the same regardless of who puts their mark on it.I've never owned a Swedish steel knife,so I was just curious about the the things that you already mentioned(toughness,taking a fine edge etc..)
    Thanks again.Looks like there's gonna be a new knife in my kit very soon

Cheers
    No.. there's loads of Swedish steels. We are quite a big producer of steels.

I don't know what steel it is in the SS Konosuke however.

I stand corrected. Apologies.....

I stand corrected. Apologies.....
    Nothing to apologize for, people just seem to underestimate the guys who discovered your continent, ; )
    Haha, no, but i think overall, everyone just things the whole of scandinavia is some kind of backwater place, which it's not.. completely.

My guess on the steels in the Konsouke would be 12c27. It's quite popular in Japan.
    I have no idea if it's the steel used, but it's a guess.

It's not a bad steel. I like it. But then, i can get knives with 12c27 for 40 bucks.

"It's not a bad steel. I like it. But then, i can get knives with 12c27 for 40 bucks. "
    Oh ya..but can you get a Montreal Smoked meat sandwich or real maple syrup?? :-D

"It's not a bad steel. I like it. But then, i can get knives with 12c27 for 40 bucks. "
    Oh ya..but can you get a Montreal Smoked meat sandwich or real maple syrup?? :-D
    Well.. i don't know how real the maple syrup we have here is.. but it sure is expensive as hell. And i prefer the standard syrup, the maple suryp is to runny. The one sold in stores here atleast

Your canadian, you're basically the sweden of north america. Except the lack of the manly necessity known as wrestling polarbears in the streets of Stockholm. They always come looking for food..

Polar bears..pffft try wrestling a Canadian Grizzly whilst eating a smoked meat sammy

Polar bears..pffft try wrestling a Canadian Grizzly whilst eating a smoked meat sammy
    Try breaking a polar bears neck whilst consuming surströmming

+ Reply to Thread