Quantcast
Shun Blue
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shun Blue

Shun Blue

From Chris Cosentino's Twitter: Shun Blue. Shun knives, made out of unspecified Blue steel, in a japanese yet slightly westernized design. Also, nickel plated (it appears), because everyone loves shiny things. The "pasta knife" modeled after a sobakiri should be a hot seller at Williams & Sonoma!

Name:  yj8xi.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  25.8 KB Name:  7wshf.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  28.2 KB

Name:  nu2fm.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  21.9 KB Name:  Ant8wZcCIAAVC8a.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  41.7 KB

I asked him what type of blue steel, he did not respond.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Why does Shun always have to try to "improve" on classic designs that are just right the way they are?

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    Why does Shun always have to try to "improve" on classic designs that are just right the way they are?
    Because they know how to make money and they know their customer base... (?) I like blue but not a fan of shuns at all... has nothing to do with what the majority (seems like) of the forum thinks of em, just personal experience. Whats your experience with them?

The profile of the gyuto looks better than Shun classic. I don't know about the tip though.

Looks fairly attractive. I still wouldn't buy one but it does seem to be an improvement over past designs.

Is that a slight kiritsuke tip on the gyuto? Looks like they are covering all the bases

Quote Originally Posted by quantumcloud509 View Post
    Because they know how to make money and they know their customer base... (?) I like blue but not a fan of shuns at all... has nothing to do with what the majority (seems like) of the forum thinks of em, just personal experience. Whats your experience with them?
    It's not about how they work. They could be awesome for all I know. I just can't get away from their strange handle and blade shapes and tacky bling. I've only seen them up close, never used them.

"Sales are getting stagnate guys what do we do? Reboot!!" That's all this seems like to me. Weather there's any real innovation there remains to be seen I guess.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

What in the hell is that Klingon cleaver looking thing?

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Crap Crap Crap. I'll never buy another Shun. Turd knives. You can clad them in gold, encrust the handles with gems, raise Escoffier from the dead and get him an endorsed line......but I will never get another one. If they wanted to give me boatloads of cash to pimp their product-I totally would. Cash is king !!!