• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Carter Muteki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow i figured this reply would be coming. But you never know. Maybe someone needs to thin the heard.... I have hope !

I actually did get one back inte the early days of KF. It now seems like the bargain of a lifetime. Maybe, just maybe competing would be the early wa-handles i got from the later Meistro.... :doublethumbsup:

I only have one muteki honesuki, I discovered Carter just too late to realize what a bargain they were. I use it more as a sturdy little petty when I cut parmesan cheese or things like that. They are definitely worth looking for.

Stefan

I think the honesuki was around $65 at the time.

Stefan

They were essentially Carter's stamped line if I remember correctly. He should do them again!

He cut them by laser, only came in Blue Core (laminated with SS) and is a cheaper version of the sfgz line - AFAIK :)

I hope RobinW gets his hands on one :)
Myself: I will not buy a new knife in 2012 (unless I am really drunk and spending time on the net)

They were sheet cut/stamped from a san mai laminate made to his spec if i recall correctly. You can see the white steel at the spine. Handles were pretty much SFGZ riveted. Mine has held up very nicely.

I am slightly embarrased to say i think i paid $42 for my funy when i got it (secondhand).
I too think he shoul bring them back.

Google found Stefans old first impression (pics are gone though). I think it was that that set me on to getting one in the first place.
http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/759319/

time for a new try....

Anyone?

Old school Murray made mutekis is what I am after.

It appears the 5.7 funy I have is now to be considered adopted, long term borrowed, acquired or plainly stolen by the better half....

Back