Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Zakuri toys

New Zakuri toys

http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/...es/zakuri.html

A bunch of new items from Zakuri up on the website today including a 180mm Kurouchi Blue #1 Nakiri, 150mm Kurouchi Wa-Pettys in Blue #1 and Blue Super, a new Sabaki bocho (for all your boning needs), and a very cool 100mm Kurouchi Damascus Blue #2 Utility knife... check 'em out...

(also, a bunch of other stuff back in stock)

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    That utility knife looks wicked...

Jon, the Sabaki Bocho looks similar to a Carter funy. Would you say that they're similar knives or am I way off?

the sabaki bocho is a thicker knife... arent carters funys thin? Sabaki bocho is a boning knife afterall

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    the sabaki bocho is a thicker knife... arent carters funys thin? Sabaki bocho is a boning knife afterall
    Touche. You win this round, Broida.

The utility knife looks really cool, I'm interested in seeing if you'll be open to carrying more of this kind of thing in the future.

Picked up the tosagata bocho a couple days ago. Today I successfully removed a large portion of my first finger on my left hand between the knuckles while slicing onions like an idiot. Sharp knife. Thin knife.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumcloud509 View Post
    That utility knife looks wicked...
    It is wicked and feels great in the hand. I know that Jon said it could be used for opening boxes, but I have so much hard-to-remove gunky glue on it now that I think I am going to have to take some acetone to it. It looks great so I will forgive the bolster that will hinder sharpening. I am sure Jon has some super clever way to deal with sharpening it though.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    Picked up the tosagata bocho a couple days ago. Today I successfully removed a large portion of my first finger on my left hand between the knuckles while slicing onions like an idiot. Sharp knife. Thin knife.
    Ouch.