Japanese Knives New Zakuri toys

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/kitchen-knives/zakuri.html

A bunch of new items from Zakuri up on the website today including a 180mm Kurouchi Blue #1 Nakiri, 150mm Kurouchi Wa-Pettys in Blue #1 and Blue Super, a new Sabaki bocho (for all your boning needs), and a very cool 100mm Kurouchi Damascus Blue #2 Utility knife... check 'em out...

(also, a bunch of other stuff back in stock)

img_0026_1_22.jpg

img_0116.jpg

img_0109.jpg

img_0122.jpg

img_0030_28.jpg

the sabaki bocho is a thicker knife... arent carters funys thin? Sabaki bocho is a boning knife afterall

The utility knife looks really cool, I'm interested in seeing if you'll be open to carrying more of this kind of thing in the future.

Picked up the tosagata bocho a couple days ago. Today I successfully removed a large portion of my first finger on my left hand between the knuckles while slicing onions like an idiot. Sharp knife. Thin knife.

That utility knife looks wicked...

It is wicked and feels great in the hand. I know that Jon said it could be used for opening boxes, but I have so much hard-to-remove gunky glue on it now that I think I am going to have to take some acetone to it. It looks great so I will forgive the bolster that will hinder sharpening. I am sure Jon has some super clever way to deal with sharpening it though.

k.

Ive had the sturdy little double bevel boning knife for a couple weeks now and it may be my new favorite chicken knife.
Its a hefty, stout little blade with a very functional profile. My first experience with blue #1 core steel: very easy to sharpen. Feels "hard" with good edge retention and is capable of holding a very finely toothed edge even after high polish and stropping. Tougher than white#1 and no sweat to go through joints and soft bone, or to come into contact with hard bone, but not a knife that i would use for anything close to or harder than chicken thigh and leg bones.

Yeah, but it's like a stealth honesuki. It looks more like a traditional petty, but some subtle features make it a good boning knife. I happen to like the angular, "killer triangle" look of a honesuki, but some find it a bit awkward or extreme; a knife like this might make a better alternative for some folks. It also is a very natural and comfortable slicer. This weekend I made a giant 2lb porterhouse and used the zakuri to take the cooked meet off the bone and slice into smaller pieces. It worked very well for that too.

Would I get punished dreaming of that zakuri as a cool steak knife?

If you busted that knife out a steakhouse, hopefully they'd give you the best steak in the house. That knife is sweet.

Latest posts

Back