Japanese Knives New Gesshin Hide Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/gesshin-1/gesshin-hide.html

A bunch of new Gesshin Hide knives up on the website including a 300mm Kensaki Yanagiba, 150mm and 120mm Debas, 240mm Yanagiba, some santokus, a really cool antique-style knife, and something very special hidden towards the bottom of the page.

img_0094_1.jpg

img_0088_2.jpg

img_0069_2_3.jpg

img_0082_4.jpg

img_0041_20.jpg

img_0036_1_20.jpg

I'm debating whether to add a santoku to my collection...

The one pictured here just made my shortlist.

sizes correspond to the name of these Hide knives?

mean, for example, Heiji size is considerably larger than in the title.

Other knives are less then size on the title.

knives with a machi in the tang are measured from the handle to the tip length-wise and knives without are measured from the heel to the tip as a general rule. So, deba and such are heel to tip and santoku, yanagiba, etc. are handle to tip length-wise.

Hi Jon - are you going to get more Hide gyuto's, besides the beautiful honyaki's?

they were kind of a fun special project. I havent decided yet if i want to do some more. Maybe something new and different instead... we'll see.

New Gesshin Hide Knife for your sushi roll cutting needs ;)

This sushikiri bocho was specially designed for the type of work often seen at US sushi restaurants- cutting rolled sushi. The Gesshin Hide craftsmen thought this size and less drastic belly would make it easier to use for this prupose. Sushikiri bocho are designed to be thin behind the edge, so as not to wedge while cutting through rolls. The gentle curve facilites a rocking motion for this action.

http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com...-195mm-blue-2-hon-kasumi-sushikiri-bocho.html

img_0063_1_8.jpg

its original japanese single bevel profile ?
with Shinogi line , Ura side and other parts of hamaguriba =)

i means its not just 99/1 grinded blade ?

its original japanese single bevel profile ?
with Shinogi line , Ura side and other parts of hamaguriba =)

i means its not just 99/1 grinded blade ?

for the sushikiri? Its roughly a 50/50 blade as are the santokus and the kurouchi knife. The rest are all true single bevel knives with an urasuki and hamaguri grind on the bevel (including the murakumono knife).

I thought see Urasuki line on left side of the knife.
ye , its knife something like santoku

thx

gratz with 1.666 posts =)

haha... the whole 666 thing keeps messing with me... we had 666 followers in face book this last week

Still don't see the KU listed... did it vanish already?

Found it, it was not listed under Kurouchi :p

Back