Quantcast
Blacksmith/Knife making classes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blacksmith/Knife making classes

Blacksmith/Knife making classes

Looking for advice on a good class in the US. Can members chime in on classes they have taken or know about. Thanks.

The two week Introduction to bladesmithing classes put on by the ABS in Arkansas, North Carolina and Maine. For a cheaper and less intensive introduction to the art, go to the Mid-America Hammer In in Troy in August.

Feel like coming out to Washington State? My good friend, David Lisch teaches both blacksmithing and knifemaking and damascus classes. I forget the website, but google Studio4. Or maybe it's Studio4forge, or something like that. He is a great teacher.

-M

Oh my...

The only thing worse than a thread that makes me want to buy a knife is one that makes me want to pack up, move to Washington, and become a bladesmith...

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Hmmm....hmmmm.....HHHHHHMMMMMMM. i used to walk by that place all the time and never paid attention to it...

Dude that shop rat class is $150 and you get a knife out of it. ***. That is the best deal I've ever seen in knifemaking instructionals.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    Dude that shop rat class is $150 and you get a knife out of it. ***. That is the best deal I've ever seen in knifemaking instructionals.
    Even factoring in the cost of a trip across the country it's still a great deal... I've been meaning to get out to WA too...

Wow that is a good deal, and there is an Ivar's for salmon,wild rice,Indian cornbread. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    Oh, it's better than that. That class is a riot!!!!

-M

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rader View Post
    Feel like coming out to Washington State? My good friend, David Lisch teaches both blacksmithing and knifemaking and damascus classes. I forget the website, but google Studio4. Or maybe it's Studio4forge, or something like that. He is a great teacher.

-M

http://davidlisch.com/classes.html

+ Reply to Thread