Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of weird things / combos do you eat?

What kind of weird things / combos do you eat?

I'm the type of person that can just grab a bowl and fill it with anything available and eat it. I love crumbling potato chips into my bowl of rice+food, especially curry. I will happily throw a fried egg into any bowl of food that I have. I just ran to the kitchen to make a quick snack and am currently eating a hamburger bun with a slice of melted processed cheese, smoked salmon, and potato chips. I wish I had some sliced chili's in there but I was too lazy to open the jar and slice them.

The other day I was enjoying durian with steamed rice. This is a different category as its actually normal where my family is from, but it was weird as hell to other people (even to the people who also like durian). I also love vanilla ice cream topped with creamed corn. My family ate this growing up and I thought it was completely normal until I whipped it out during a poker homegame and people looked at me in horror.

My favorite foods are things that are not totaly stonerific combos, but just a little off the expected.

When I was a kid, I was dared to eat milk chocolate and buttered, salted popcorn together at a party, and it was great. I love Dark Chocolate and crisp filtered water. Pizza with pecans on it. Raw Cacao beans are a newly discovered favorite. Lime juice and salsa on Cantonese fried rice. Avocados with a scoop of ice cream in the middle topped with cinnamon sugar. Pasta with caramelized onions, pecans, and olive oil. Bourbon in a chocolate malt. Mustard in a grilled cheese. Red wine in bolognese. Orange juice in Tomato soup. Roasted Corn with chili powder, lime and salt. The list goes on...I will try anything really and have found some excellent things as a result.

Creamed corn and ice cream would go into stonerific category. I had a friend that, despite being thin and not a pothead, ate the STRANGEST things...yet upon trying them, you could not deny they were fantastic. Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Puff sandwiches(I hate both of those things, but it was likeable together). His idea of cookies was to take a tube of nestle cookie dough, mash it on a sheet pan, bake it for 1/2 the recommended time, then scrape it into a bowl with ice cream. The best of all: Grilled Cheese and Maple Syrup.

Oh yeah, and protip: These clovers, the ones that grow in your yard, taste just like green apple skins.

I grew up with a kid that used to eat the clovers from my lawn. I always figured he was a bit.. slow. Perhaps he was on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Puff sandwiches(I hate both of those things, but it was likeable together
    fluffernutters are the finest things in the world, especially grilled.

beer float.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

pimento cheese on vanilla wafers might go good with beer float!!
    “Lettuce is divine, although I’m not sure it’s really a food.” D. Vreeland

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    beer float.

Häagen-Dazs Five coffee ice cream and Guinness Extra Stout!

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    I like to dip Tims Jalapeno chips into sour cream and ketchup alternatively. I like to dip cornichons into yellow mustard and eat them with a nice slice of blue cheese. I like to dip my spring rolls into jalapeno hushpuppy batter and deepfry them. I like to put salt on my green apples. I like to mix my rum with blueberry juice. DOn't get me started guys, I've been on the weird train since I was a little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumcloud509 View Post
    I like to dip Tims Jalapeno chips into sour cream and ketchup alternatively. I like to dip cornichons into yellow mustard and eat them with a nice slice of blue cheese. I like to dip my spring rolls into jalapeno hushpuppy batter and deepfry them. I like to put salt on my green apples. I like to mix my rum with blueberry juice. DOn't get me started guys, I've been on the weird train since I was a little kid.
    More! I live for this stuff.

I remember when I was a kid, I was eating anything int he house. I ate some Laura Scudders chunky peanut butter, then, without "cleansing the palate" I ate a cherry flavored ice-pop(the kind in the plastic tubes that cut up the sides of your mouth). The combo resulted in the ice pop tasting exactly like a real apple. I was so confused, then impressed.