Quantcast
Asai
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asai

Asai

These knives have really caught eye. They have got it all AS steel, damascus, hammer finish, kurouchi. Any of you guy's bought one of these yet?

Sorry, I got the wrong pic somehow
    http://www.epicedge.com/shopexd.asp?id=89915

I fixed it Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I fixed it Mike

Yes, I have one; SG2 PM Damascus. Love it. I saw the new ones from Epicurean Edge as well. I have seen all but the new Aogami Asai knives in person at Epicurean Edge. They are consistently beautiful. I am a stickler for fit/finish, geometry, profile, balance. Asai makes great knives. Looks like Bernal Cutlery carries these as well. Odd, I have not heard of Bernal Cutlery until today when searching for these on Google.
    Last edited by sel1k1; 03-14-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Vampire Squirrels.
    (^.#)

Quote Originally Posted by sel1k1 View Post
    Yes, I have one; SG2 PM Damascus. Love it. I saw the new ones from Epicurean Edge as well. I have seen all but the new Aogami Asai knives in person at Epicurean Edge. They are consistently beautiful. I am a stickler for fit/finish, geometry, profile, balance. Asai makes great knives. Looks like Bernal Cutlery carries these as well. Odd, I have not heard of Bernal Cutlery until today when searching for these on Google.
    bernal used to sell sharpening knife services and selling vintage knives on ebay years ago and then opened up a shop
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

i hate to be the douche but for 330 your a stones throw from custom and a short walk to a long list of 200- 275$ performers that are prolly just as good if not better. i cant help but be down on something that breached 300 and isnt custom how ya want it. but do what ya do. your the one who has to be happy with it. im sure the AS is killer and the fit and finish looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by hambone.johnson View Post
    i hate to be the douche but for 330 your a stones throw from custom and a short walk to a long list of 200- 275$ performers that are prolly just as good if not better. i cant help but be down on something that breached 300 and isnt custom how ya want it. but do what ya do. your the one who has to be happy with it. im sure the AS is killer and the fit and finish looks great.
    a custom gyuto from a reputable maker should cost $500+...

A custom San mai, damascus, AS steel, kuro-uchi, hammer finished, gyuto where and from whom?

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    a custom gyuto from a reputable maker should cost $500+...

^not sure about that I meant to point out that $300 was pretty far from the custom range.