Quantcast
Decisions decisions! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Decisions decisions!

Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    Talal told me he dropped by both Knife and Tosho - he doesn't let anything get by him in his quest for a new knife
    Right you are sir!

Quote Originally Posted by slowtyper View Post
    There is actually another new knife store in Toronto. Haven't been to this one but it does not focus on Japanese knives. http://www.blogto.com/design/hacher-and-krain-toronto

BTW knifetoronto offers a beginner sharpening class free of charge. its not much of a class, more of an informal Q&A where the owner sharpens a knife, gives a few tips, and answers any and all questions you have. Its worth a visit. Email or facebook them to get in on a class.
    the hacher store looks fantastic.. looks like a visit is in order.

Get some pics if you see anything really cool!

Hey, that's new to me. Wow, lots of knife stores in Toronto these days All those western-handled knives don't do anything for me, but I'm glad there's more choice in the city now
    Len

Talal, welcome to the obsession from another guy in Ontario (Hamilton). I hope that you will enjoy your DT ITK 270. I had one and found the handle too big, although it is an otherwise incredible knife. FYI, I have a Takeda nakiri that I use like crazy at home.

Quote Originally Posted by cnochef View Post
    Talal, welcome to the obsession from another guy in Ontario (Hamilton). I hope that you will enjoy your DT ITK 270. I had one and found the handle too big, although it is an otherwise incredible knife. FYI, I have a Takeda nakiri that I use like crazy at home.
    Takeda's nakiris look great i must say

Quote Originally Posted by slowtyper View Post
    There is actually another new knife store in Toronto. Haven't been to this one but it does not focus on Japanese knives. http://www.blogto.com/design/hacher-and-krain-toronto

BTW knifetoronto offers a beginner sharpening class free of charge. its not much of a class, more of an informal Q&A where the owner sharpens a knife, gives a few tips, and answers any and all questions you have. Its worth a visit. Email or facebook them to get in on a class.
    Cool, it's right down the road from Nick's Shoe Repair, where I get custom leather shoes made! A visit to both will surely happen sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Talal View Post
    Takeda's nakiris look great i must say
    If you're thinking about getting one, drop me a line sometime and I can arrange a playdate with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    If you're thinking about getting one, drop me a line sometime and I can arrange a playdate with mine.
    a very generous offer, i might take you up on that someday

Thank you

What's up with Toronto's knife scene? That's crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    What's up with Toronto's knife scene? That's crazy

It's gone from 0 to there's a couple of places you can buy decent stuff in the last 5 years.

edit: That probably sounded negative, but it's actually pretty great. It would be better if there were a quality craftsman or two in the city, but just having decent stuff available is great. Knife will do sharpening too, which is awesome. I remember looking around before I got my stones a few years ago and finding the closest place to get proper sharpening done was in Montreal.

+ Reply to Thread