Quantcast
News from the shop - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: News from the shop

Looks like this year continues just as ****** as it has been for a while. I was all packed to go to the wood shop tonight, but found out a few hours ago that one of my best friends who was just here 2 weeks ago from Germany has been run over by a 80 year old driver who ran a stop sign. My friend is in critical condition and being operated on right now. They said the chances for survival are good but the injuries are severe, whatever that means, we don't know many details, yet. Obviously he was catapulted through the air for more than 30 yards before he crashed into the street. That really puts some of the daily hassles into perspective. And I also don't feel like woodworking anymore, much to nervous and anxious to hear what is going on.

Stefan

Major bummer. Keeping busy can be good, at least for me.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Major bummer. Keeping busy can be good, at least for me.
    I'll do the laundry to keep me busy, much less likely to mess something up or hurt myself with power tools because I am not concentrated.

Stefan

Sorry to hear about your friend. Best of luck for him.

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Looks like this year continues just as ****** as it has been for a while. I was all packed to go to the wood shop tonight, but found out a few hours ago that one of my best friends who was just here 2 weeks ago from Germany has been run over by a 80 year old driver who ran a stop sign. My friend is in critical condition and being operated on right now. They said the chances for survival are good but the injuries are severe, whatever that means, we don't know many details, yet. Obviously he was catapulted through the air for more than 30 yards before he crashed into the street. That really puts some of the daily hassles into perspective. And I also don't feel like woodworking anymore, much to nervous and anxious to hear what is going on.

Stefan

Wow, I hope you get some good news soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Wow, I hope you get some good news soon.
    Yeah me to Stefan. I know we don't know each other at all but I hope some good news comes your way too. That is so awful.

Yikes. I hope your friend recovers well.
    Len

Terrible news. Sorry to hear that Stefan. Hope your friend comes through surgery okay and makes a full recovery.

Thanks guys. Looks like they operated on him for 5 hours, and we still don't have the complete picture, but his wife spoke a few words with him in the wake-up room. He had no idea what happened or that he had aurgery, but at least he could communicate for a moment. I'll have a Wild Turkey now and hope to find out more tomorrow. When he was here 2 weeks ago, he said I should go out to the beach more often and savour every moment I have on this island. Seeing him in such an accident now and realizing how fast things can change, that sounds like good advice.

Stefan

Just in case anybody is wondering what I do with all the money I make on handles - I buy stuff.... Unfortunately, I buy considerably more stuff than I make with my handles And I know, this is cruel but please understand that I will not sell any marbled horn pieces. But once the block below is cut up, I'll try to offer a few pieces to offset my expenses.

Stefan

+ Reply to Thread