Quantcast
News from the shop - Page 17
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: News from the shop

That would look outstanding on my wife's favorite knife...a Kiya stainless santoku with reprofiled tip.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Click image for larger version

Name:	koa%u00252520board.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	4331

wah wah wee wah!

Not working in the shop tonight, I might not get there. It has been raining like mad, water is standing in the streets or running down the streets mixed with raw sewage. Getting wet in my car becaue the roof starts leaking and one window doesn't close completely. Just dug out the fleece vest. And on top of all that, I am out of Scotch. Wish I had a fireplace. Not sure what happened to the tropical island I lived on a couple of weeks ago...

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Not working in the shop tonight, I might not get there. It has been raining like mad, water is standing in the streets or running down the streets mixed with raw sewage.
    Stay home, Stefan. You'll be happier.

It's flooded everywhere and you can expect power issues later. People were paddleboarding to the Honolulu Zoo in Waikiki.

Downtown is a mess, so you'd be better off at home. I still have to drive home in this mess...

Let me know if you still need an intern. Perhaps I could take pictures of you while working and post them here? I know a lot of members would love to be in the shop to see you do your magic.
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said: "I drank what?"

Working hard... About 30 more are gluing ore ready to be glued. Trying to get through my back log, I hope next week during spring break I will move forward a bit.

Had a few casualties along the way... Spalted woods and burls can have hidden voids or cracks, so I always test them by trying to break them. Maybe I am just too strong...

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by mindbender View Post
    Stay home, Stefan. You'll be happier.

It's flooded everywhere and you can expect power issues later. People were paddleboarding to the Honolulu Zoo in Waikiki.

Downtown is a mess, so you'd be better off at home. I still have to drive home in this mess...

Let me know if you still need an intern. Perhaps I could take pictures of you while working and post them here? I know a lot of members would love to be in the shop to see you do your magic.
    Not sure how I missed this one. Thanks for the offer, not sure there is much magic to photograph - really more a messy place with saw dust all over. I am a disgrace to every real woodworker who keeps his shop meticulously clean But then a real woodworker would also have a functioning dust removal system.

Stefan

Hmm, dust removal system. I just use a box fan with a furnace filter attached to it with a bungee strap. Someday....

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Had a few casualties along the way... Spalted woods and burls can have hidden voids or cracks, so I always test them by trying to break them. Maybe I am just too strong...

Stefan
    Hey Stefan, I bet these handles wouldn't break after the installation of a blade when the hole is filled with epoxy.

+ Reply to Thread