News from the shop - Page 4
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: News from the shop

$700.00 for buffalo horn
    is that for just rolls or tips .
    like to see a picture of that

2 words: tax deduction
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

So, I stayed in the office 2h late today, going through my order list, double checking the sizes of handles I need to make, planning the sizes for pieces I need to cut, arranging a sequence so that it would be most efficient, and updating all the info I had missing in my work list. Then I went straight to the shop from work. Guess what I left in my office? Yep, the list...

Worked on some handles that I had started before. Then I knew it was time to go home when I got attacked and almost killed by a black palm handle. I had it on the polishing belt, the belt broke, ripped the piece out of my hand and torpedoed it at about the speed of light right under my nose into the wall. Poor handle didn't have a chance, broke right in the middle... See, woodworkers live dangerously Makes me feel smart that I am wearing a respirator and eye protection.

I'll go back to the fighting zone tomorrow, wish me luck!

Stefan

I had lot's of good intentions, and I have a few handles finished plus 2 dozen that are almost there, but these days I don't get to the shop much - final week of the semester and lots of papers to grade... Maybe I'll get a few pics of the finished ones up in a few days. Overall, I am behind as usual but not as ridiculously far as I was last year. Having a shop really makes a huge difference.

Stefan

Another great adhesive, if you want to get to work quick, is Loctite 330 Depend. it is a 2 part kit, the adhesive, and activator. You don't even need to wipe grease of the surfaces and this stuff sticks! I swear, it will stick crap to a flannel blanket!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    2 words: tax deduction
    +1
    Section 179, baby