Quantcast
Looking for a knife I used to have - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a knife I used to have

Quote Originally Posted by DannyFixesGuns View Post
    I actually think it may have come as a bonus for one of those Ginsu knife kits. My ex-father-in-law used to buy a lot of stuff from info-mercials.
    you still have some ginsus? Those are almost collectable these days, so mang people remember those over-the-top ads.

i bet i can cut herbs faster with any of my gyutos than i could with one of those things.

I dunno, if I wanted a sloppy chop up, like for salsa, I think it could be pretty dang fast, assuming the blades are sharp. I mean, there are times when you dont need a tight chiffonade of cilantro.

That said, I'd never want to own something that specific to a single task, even at my day job, where I do hack up herbs en masse regularly.

I'm just saying, this guy's got a special tool for cutting up salsa herbs, and that means that his other sharps could probably use some...ahem...improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    you still have some ginsus? Those are almost collectable these days, so mang people remember those over-the-top ads.
    Maybe I shouldn't have been quite so cavalier about throwing my mother's into the Goodwill box (along with her rolling herb mincer).

+ Reply to Thread