Quantcast
Moving on up! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving on up!

Nice grinder, sir. Did you buy the surface grinding fixture? Who is making your press? Also, are you going to be using salt to HT the O1/L6 mix? The only thing that has keep me from going with salt is that I can't really do it in the rental space where i am right now. I won't use salt unless I have a nice space off to the side with a metal roof to contain the inevitable volcanic eruption!!!

Welcome to TW-90 club.
    My first and definitely not last grinder (second on order for the second half of the year).

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    Nice grinder, sir. Did you buy the surface grinding fixture? Who is making your press? Also, are you going to be using salt to HT the O1/L6 mix? The only thing that has keep me from going with salt is that I can't really do it in the rental space where i am right now. I won't use salt unless I have a nice space off to the side with a metal roof to contain the inevitable volcanic eruption!!!
    I'm jazzed up about this TW-90 grinder. I did not opt to purchase the surface grinder attachment. But I will say that from the look of that. Its a amazing piece of design and engineering! very impressive.. I have a designated surface grinder, with a belt conversion already. or I would of been all over that attachment..

Like you, JM. I have not started down that road... yet..... Salt pots and all that goes with them is not in the budget this year.. .. One day maybe, but until then. Ill be using my Even heat HT oven.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Welcome to TW-90 club.
    My first and definitely not last grinder (second on order for the second half of the year).

M
    Thank you, and congrats on the addition of your second one!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Randy, the thing that really got my attention about Travis' surface grinding attachment is its ability to do precise and simple tapering of blades and tangs. My old Mod 1 calibrated eyeballs don't seem to work as well when the steel gets under 1/10 of an inch thick , so I need all the help that I can get. :big grin: I may have to buy one for my KMG if he has the time to make them.

I hear ya JM.. That attachment is pure genius! I still may add it to my tool rack one day. I can see so many ways it would be useful from setting a taper, or bevels, to making a integral.. and so much more!!

Now Im impatiently waiting for the new grinder to get built and make the journey to my place!! Im going CRAZY waiting. Did I mention I hate waiting?
    Theres been a few times when Im grinding stuff, I have thought. Man that would be so much easier or faster if I had my TW-90!!

Guess what got dropped off at my shop this week?? Yep I got it. And its all I hoped and heard it would be and even more! I had not operated one of the TW-90 grinders before making the purchase. and was going solely off of a few friends in the industry telling me how nice the machine was.. Im glad I listened and blessed that we were able to add this one to the shop. Its gona be a game changer for some aspects of my grinding process!

Now that its here, I better go grind some Filet knives. I have 20 in stainless on the bench waiting for this bad boy to arrive.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    lol I would say you are to happy about this. But some times you have to get it were you can take it. Hope it is more than what you expect.

btw I feel the same way about a new knife.

Snapped a few pictures of the new toy!

This thing is amazing! The TW-90 is without a doubt the finest grinder I have ever used!!! Its only been here a few days, and I'm just beginning to really appreciate the versatility and ability of this precision tool!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8325.JPG‎
Views:	69
Size:	449.8 KB
ID:	6450   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8333.JPG‎
Views:	195
Size:	443.3 KB
ID:	6451  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8336.JPG‎
Views:	141
Size:	473.8 KB
ID:	6453   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8341.JPG‎
Views:	120
Size:	392.9 KB
ID:	6454  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8335.JPG‎
Views:	101
Size:	363.3 KB
ID:	6452  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That sure is nice...congrats!

+ Reply to Thread