Quantcast
Moving on up!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving on up!

Moving on up!

First I want say, Thanks to everyone for your support over the last year! This forum and its members have quickly become my favorite group of knife nuts! and enablers!! lol I continue to learn and grow as a maker because of you guys and your input and advise.

Im happy to say we will be offering a new mix of damascus steel shortly! O-1 and L-6 Damascus combination. This is a proven mix that will take what were already doing to the next level. With the addition of Cryo to our Heat Treatment, I have great expectations for the new mix. Ill be making some test blades over the next few months, as time allows. Testing and Refining my HT process, dialing in, so to speak.

Im also excited about a couple new shop toys!!
    The first is a long overdue, much needed KNIFE GRINDER! After researching and reading about all of the available grinders on the market. And after much consideration and saving my penny's.. I PULLED THE TRIGGER on a TW-90 horizontal/vertical 2X72 grinder. Wooo Hoooo!!!!!

Quite possibly the finest 2X72 grinder being made today!!! Like I said. Im SUPER excited about the addition of this tool. Its going to be a game changer!! Here are a picture and a web link. http://www.twuertz.com/Product_Specs.html
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0119.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	5334

And if that wasn't enough..

Im having new toy built!! Its a new forging press.
    This was something where we worked directly with the gentleman who made my first press. We made some important design changes to make a BIGGER, TOUGHER, MEANER, STEEL SMASHER!! The original design is great, and I would highly recommend it.. Yet with a few tweaks, Im thinking this new press will be BULLET PROOF! All we really did was take a good design and make it better! And as it turns out. He likes some of the new features enough that they will be incorporated them into all the future presses he makes.

This thing I call knife making has been the most amazing adventure ever!! From the joy and challenges of making things that will be here and useful long after I am gone. To all the great people I have had the pleasure of working with along the way.
    I have heard it said many times and many ways. That the journey is more fun the reaching the destination.. In this case. I dont think I will ever reach the destination.. but we sure are having a blast on this great journey!

God Bless...

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Randy,
    CONRATULATIONS & welcome to club TW. You'll love it.

PZ

Thanks Paul. Im sure I will love it!! Im JAZZED about it! Just fired up a cigar and Im sitting back with my stogie dreaming about all the cool things Im gona make!! LOL

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Very cool!!! I may be ordering another blade but with the O-1/L6 in the near future. 210 K tip Petty with a Western Hybrid handle like on the Spiro Nakiri and Tsunami Suji

Sounds good Taz.. Im game to make you a 210 K tip!!

Availible Knives

I looked at my blades and decided I need a "bling" knife I like the plain carbon for users, but I need a WOW knife, too!

Awesome!! I think we should be able to whoop up on some BLING!!

I just finished Blinging up a Fallkniven A-1.. I added a little racing stripe and some filework. throw in a couple mosaic pins and some of Craig's Stabilized maple burl and Id say its BLINGTASTIC!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nates Knife!! 083.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	472.8 KB 
ID:	5338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nates Knife!! 085.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	446.4 KB 
ID:	5339  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nates Knife!! 081.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	483.3 KB 
ID:	5337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nates Knife!! 044.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	430.3 KB 
ID:	5336  

Availible Knives

Very cool!

How many people complete the song line......to the east side??

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2442 View Post
    How many people complete the song line......to the east side??
    me. Lovely bling there Randy.