• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 240mm Stainless or Semi Stainless Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UCChemE05

Reaction score
Just as the title says, I'm in the market for a "new to me" gyuto. My wife will be using this one too so no carbons. I also am not interested in something with a lot of belly... its time to move on from the Shun in the knife block. :thumbsup:

My max right is is ~$150 after fees and shipping (I'm in Ohio). I can stretch if the additional cost is truly warranted to me. Once I receive the knife, I'll take care of making a donation to the forum for the purchase and to show Dave a little love.

Best regards,
Drew

I'm up for either style with this knife purchase. My pinch grip doesn't discriminate :happymug:

how about a remedy i am willing to sell it to you for $150 cpm 154 steel, thin, tkc profile.

I would consider looking toward the carbo next from japanese chef knife. IMO they represent the best bang for the buck at 128.00. Semi stainless, good fit and finish, great edge retention and takes apretty good edge too.

PMs returned. The carbonext is defiantly on the short list. I'm still looking to see what other things people have out there though. :hungry:

PMs returned. The carbonext is defiantly on the short list. I'm still looking to see what other things people have out there though. :hungry:

Sent PM. Not sure if you're interested. Can send you a pic if you are.

The only semi-stainless in that neighborhood is CarboNEXT. If you want something in cpm154, fine but there is no question it is stainless. You might be able to get a KonHD, TKC or possibly a Yoshikane second hand for that price, if you're willing to wait for it.

Ive got an Addict 2 that im looking to sell. Any interest?

The tip of that knife has too much curve for me. I don't believe I'd like the angle when doing tip work on the board (A Wusthof Classic my wife and I got for our wedding went out the door partially b/c of this reason). I do love the height of the knife though...

The only semi-stainless in that neighborhood is CarboNEXT. If you want something in cpm154, fine but there is no question it is stainless. You might be able to get a KonHD, TKC or possibly a Yoshikane second hand for that price, if you're willing to wait for it.

The Carbonext is definitely on my short list but I"ve gotten some very fair offers that I'm still chewing over...

Closest is the tkc onsale here for 175 shipped.

That's not true :)

Back