Quantcast
Gesshin Stone Videos - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gesshin Stone Videos

for me living in water is ideal. i find that something like the bester setup most people use works well with the kitayama because it will get enough time soaking while you begin on your other knives.

these stones are becoming more and more intriguing...

I have to say that I have been using the 5k splash and go for about a week and a half and I am really enjoying it. Currently it is my ending stone and it puts on a great edge/shine, although I cannot compare it to the SS yet, I would have to say it is my favorite stone to date. I always liked the idea of soaking the stones, but the splash and go sure is convienient. Based on this purchase I am definately looking to get more from this series.

Jon, anything in the works for a 8 or 10 k?

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    I have to say that I have been using the 5k splash and go for about a week and a half and I am really enjoying it. Currently it is my ending stone and it puts on a great edge/shine, although I cannot compare it to the SS yet, I would have to say it is my favorite stone to date. I always liked the idea of soaking the stones, but the splash and go sure is convienient. Based on this purchase I am definately looking to get more from this series.

Jon, anything in the works for a 8 or 10 k?
    really glad you're enjoying it.

on other stones, i'm always looking for new things or working on the development of new things, but i cant promise anything until i've had a chance to test out the products. Currently, the 15k is my super finishing stone and i really really like it.

By the way, i know this doesnt help everyone, but i'm always open to people in the LA area or visiting the LA area to stop by, hang out, and try out all of the stones for themselves. Also, for all of you going to the ECG this year, i'll make sure to bring a bunch of stones for people to try out. I wanted to do a pass around, but i just dont think i have enough stones to do it... they are moving too quickly. Honestly, we're a tiny company and just trying to keep up with demand.

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    Also, for all of you going to the ECG this year, i'll make sure to bring a bunch of stones for people to try out.

You are so not nice to be tempting people (I mean me) like this. I want that 400x! :biggrin2:

Dave, I'm shocked. You don't want the 20k too?

I might! I actually love Jon's description of the 15k in the video, that's got me thinking on that one.

Is it just me, or do these stones for the most part look like they give a really nice kasumi finish to the jigane in these videos? I don't think I've seen a synthetic stone give such good, even contrast between the jigane and the hagane before...