Large Bench Scraper

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayton

Reaction score
For years I have been using a standard all metal bench scraper like this one below to transfer cut food from cutting board to stove when not using my cleaver:

DC-05SS.jpg

It works well for small amounts of food, but I am wondering if there are any larger all metal ones available. Something around 8" wide by 6" deep would be nice. I have searched the internets and have found nothing. I am about to pick up some flat stock and make one or a few myself, but thought I'd check in case something is out there I missed.

Thanks!

I've seen bigger ones on TV, but not in stores.

Maybe we can talk Del into banging a few of these out in a nice stainless damascus...

I'd pay ten bucks for one of those!

Last edited by a moderator:
I never had a problem with food/handle thing even though some reviewers complained about that. Like you, I use a regular one and pull this out when I know larger am'ts of stuff are needed. I find the sides help with not losing the food during the torso twist over to the range. However, I do like the idea of damascus in 19C27. Also, for $8....

I never had a problem with food/handle thing even though some reviewers complained about that. Like you, I use a regular one and pull this out when I know larger am'ts of stuff are needed. I find the sides help with not losing the food during the torso twist over to the range. However, I do like the idea of damascus in 19C27. Also, for $8....

Glad to hear it is working for you. For the price I guess it is probably worth a shot. Although with that damascus scraper coming up...

I love scrapers with a bend in the blade. Has nothing to do with what you posted, just thought id get that off my chest :)

I love scrapers with a bend in the blade. Has nothing to do with what you posted, just thought id get that off my chest :)

Having a hard time visualizing (probably just lack or coffee or a dumb moment) - have any pictures?

Really, no one even brought up a all in 1 tool for this purpose? The Chinese cleaver. You can look at all the beautiful ones on the forums, I'm sure there is even some damascus ones too. ok rant off. btw I love bench knives too.

Really, no one even brought up a all in 1 tool for this purpose? The Chinese cleaver. You can look at all the beautiful ones on the forums, I'm sure there is even some damascus ones too. ok rant off. btw I love bench knives too.

I use a cleaver (sugi #6), but when I don't then I like the scraper. In addition, since my stove is across the floor from sink and cutting area, I am essentially walking back and forth across the kitchen with a blade in hand balancing food, this mixes poorly with my children that show up in the kitchen when least expected, so even the cleaver is (unfortunately) not ideal.

Damascus. Bench. Scraper. Dooo eeet!!

Back