A Hopeless Junky with Tourettes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I have to admit;
When it comes to Koa, I am a hopeless Junky.
When someone breaks out the really high grade stuff, I can't say no.
Even if it cost me my left (you know what) I still say yes.
At my age having two (you know whats) is highly over rated anyways.
Look what I got!
km004.jpg

I don't think I can use the F word here, but when I opened the package all I could say was F****!
I think I might have wet myself a little bit too.

The block is still rough, but it is an old heirloom piece that is just over 11 board feet.
What I can see is the red/orange color and tight 3 dimensional figure on all the surfaces.
This piece is making my Tourette Syndrome kick in big time.
F***, F***, F***

I am just teasing.
I still have both of my (you know whats).
and I am not shouting obscenities.

But, this is some good stuff!

Well, I'm glad someone out there knows good stuff when they see it. It doesn't look like much to me. :) Looking forward to the post stabilization pics!

It will look a lot like this when it is stabilized and cleaned up.

bb001.jpg

There was more good stuff arriving today as well.
High grade curly mango and a Killer Kitchen Knife.

km003.jpg

Nice timing for my note. ;)
I think we should be able to put together a good matching pair .......or dozen.

The guy who sent me the Koa and Mango must have been out of old newspapers because this is what he used as packing material to keep the big pieces from rattling around in the boxes.

km005.jpg

OMG!! that is def. a SCORE. So glad you didn't have to give life and limb to get these either.

You know what they say Mark a problem shared..... is a problem halved.....or chopped into many smaller pieces and sent to budding addicts:D

EXCEPTIONAL & AMAZING!!! Thanks for the laugh! that first post was FUUUUUNeeeY! :D

Mark, If you dont mind, when your packaging my next order, please use that same "packing material" to hold my order in place securely!!

EXCEPTIONAL & AMAZING!!! Thanks for the laugh! that first post was FUUUUUNeeeY! :D

Mark, If you dont mind, when your packaging my next order, please use that same "packing material" to hold my order in place securely!!

+1!!! I may have to order something just for some extra packaging materials...

Sigh, I wish somebody would offer me a block like this... On the other hand - and hard to imagine - I saw something at least as nice today, but it is still too green....

Stefan

Sigh, I wish somebody would offer me a block like this... On the other hand - and hard to imagine - I saw something at least as nice today, but it is still too green....
Stefan

Even if it is green it is still worth getting.
Just be sure to seal all the end grain and keep out of direct sunlight.
When you cut it up Koa dries pretty easily.
Just be sure end grain is thoroughly sealed or you will get a lot of end checks.

Back