Quantcast
ZHEN 296 (12") Gyuto Review - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZHEN 296 (12") Gyuto Review

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by cclin View Post
    ZHEN is Taiwan company. they purchase steel from Japan then manufacture their own knives! way better F/F compare to China/Hong Kong.
    I got this shipped from Hong Kong, is the only reason I thought this. I had never heard about them at the time. I was really surprised about the fit and finish. For the price, the f/f is better than some other knives I have bought for the same price, and more. Ootb blade was very sharp. It held a edge for a good time. I don't use it very often any more, but still am happy when I pick it up.
    Chewie's the man.

I missed this the first time around, thanks for digging it up again.

So after the pre-cut potato vendor said "gimme all your money" and after you said "now THAT's a knife" and destroyed all the spuds, did the kitchen manager swoon and say "I'm always alright when I'm with you, Crothcipt" ?

"I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Heh. I just got a couple of those fruit knives in the mail today. Love the geometry, just what I'm looking for a in a parer. Cleaned a few celeriac; none of the lateral wedging I get from most parers when I try to turn a cut. These should be fantastic for coring apples and the like.

Acceptably sharp OOTB -- good to hear that edge retention is decent.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    I missed this the first time around, thanks for digging it up again.

So after the pre-cut potato vendor said "gimme all your money" and after you said "now THAT's a knife" and destroyed all the spuds, did the kitchen manager swoon and say "I'm always alright when I'm with you, Crothcipt" ?

lol no
    Chewie's the man.

+ Reply to Thread