Save the Sharks.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Signed, thanks for posting.

Signed.

I don't think he is wrong in his criticisms of the shark fin bans. They aren't endangered by and large, live finning is a rare and frowned upon practice, and there is less outrage about Beluga Caviar(though the two he and his colleagues cited, caviar and bluefin, are both known to be endangered an actively avoided by many, myself included), and 80% of all sharks caught are accidental catches, mostly from less industrialized regions.

However, the guy is personally financially vested in both Shark Fishing and a company that sells Crocodile skins sourced from the Nile! Crazy! This is a whopping conflict of interest, and CITES just recently avoided a new rule that would have required that it's members be unconflicted in their regulatory duties. You can't regulate your shark and eat it too!

Signed.

Most research shows the populations are dwindling, without clarity on long term effects on oceanic species.

I cannot find evidence to back any of your other statements. Appreciate if you can substantiate them, or recant them.

Back