Quantcast
Watanabee vs.Dishwasher - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Watanabee vs.Dishwasher

  1. #11
    Dave Martell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fleetwood, PA
    Posts
    9,286
    Looks like you left out on your counter overnight Stefan.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    239
    Aren't women supposed to be good with things in the kitchen, lol?

  3. #13
    Das HandleMeister apicius9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    3,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Looks like you left out on your counter overnight Stefan.
    Ain't dat da truth. ... I bought a carbon steel pan a while ago and hung it up on my kitchen rack which admittedly is close to the always open window. Next time I looked, this is what I had:


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    Makes the Watanabe look o.k....

    Stefan

  4. #14
    THOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6
    That's enough to make a grown man cry! - that goes for the watanabe as well as the pan. . .

  5. #15
    Senior Member mattrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    545
    I will pray for the knife tonight.... should not be to bad of a fix but it will take some elbow grease! have fun.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Ain't dat da truth. ... I bought a carbon steel pan a while ago and hung it up on my kitchen rack which admittedly is close to the always open window. Next time I looked, this is what I had:


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    Makes the Watanabe look o.k....

    Stefan
    That looks familiar... nice patina. Next stop, belt sander

  7. #17
    Das HandleMeister apicius9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    3,126
    Yeah, sorry about that... Didn't I read somewhere that soaking it in Coke helps. I hope that Coke zero works also, 'cause that's what I've got...

    Stefan

  8. #18

    PierreRodrigue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,749
    There is a product called CLR (calcium, lime,rust) that is availably in Canada, pretty much dissolves either, not sure if it is available in the US though... It would give you a great head start.


    Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25
    Try soaking it in coke. It was recommended on KF and apparently works wonders. http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/sh...hp?tid/900376/

  10. #20
    Senior Member EdipisReks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    3,466
    Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Yeah, sorry about that... Didn't I read somewhere that soaking it in Coke helps. I hope that Coke zero works also, 'cause that's what I've got...

    Stefan
    Coke Zero is acidic, so it should do just fine. that's a lot of rust, though, so the mentioned CLR (which is available in Ohio, at least) might be worth tracking down.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts