Quantcast
Watanabee vs.Dishwasher - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watanabee vs.Dishwasher

The ingredient is phosphoric acid. It desolves the rust and replaces it with iron phosphate, which protects from future rust. Jasco makes some metal prep that does the same thing without the sticky residue.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Sad sad before pictures... I look foward to the after ones

these are some of the most horrifying (watanabe) and crazy (pan) pictures i've seen on here. i also can't wait for the clean-up!!

Yes i would like to see some afters as well. I would think the posters would have done something ASAP as leaving anything in red-rusted condition like that is going to lead to the worst nightmare...

PITTING!!!!!

JC

Sorry.....NO spa treatment.I only took it to an old norax 100 belt then very brief hand sanding at 220 grit.I said to my self *** this thing is going back in the dishwasher why waste my belts and time,I am sure he will be happy with it after i sharpen it.

well heck, you thinned the knife, so this might be a happy ending after all.

Glad you got to it early enough...

Can I send you my pan, Mario

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    Sorry.....NO spa treatment.I only took it to an old norax 100 belt then very brief hand sanding at 220 grit.I said to my self *** this thing is going back in the dishwasher why waste my belts and time,I am sure he will be happy with it after i sharpen it.
    I'm surprised there's so little pitting left. Great job.
    I don't get it, though...WHY would anyone put a knife in the dishwasher? Knives are the easiest thing in the kitchen to wash. It's probably harder to jam the knife into the dishwasher while trying to find a place for it than to rinse it and dry it.

+ Reply to Thread