Quantcast
Music that makes you feel good.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Music that makes you feel good....

My happy music is always changing, but right now '80-90s punk rock is really making me feel good. Against Me, The Bouncing Souls, NOFX...stuff like that. I guess I need a release of some sort.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

So much music to make one happy out there--and it depends on mood.

Devo--Working in a Coal Mine or Girl U Want

Ted Nugent--Wango Tango

Doobie Brothers--Long Train Running

Leo Kottke/Mike Gorden--Collins Missile

Johnny Clegg & Savuka--Dela

Flatt & Scruggs--Foggy Mountain Breakdown

Saffire the Uppity Blues Women--"*"itch with a Bad Attitude

I like Skillet, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Disturbed, Sixxx A.M, Breaking Benjamin, Halestorm, Valora. I like the harder rock; not emo, but something with some guts to it! Even used to listen to Kittie.

Can't wait to get my shed delivered, hopefully tomorrow! Then I can crank the music w/o driving the parents nuts

Music that's making me happy right now, like dance in the car...the gap band, marvin gaye, hall & oates, the o'jays, kool and the gang...that sorta stuff

Kool & the Gang! That brings back some memories. My Jr High School (what we called middle school) won a Kool & the Gang concert by collecting labels off Yoo Hoo (surely one of the most vile beverages in the history of mankind.) The contest would take color facsimiles as well as actual labels--we printed off hundreds of B&W copies (this was before color printers) and sat in class with crayons and colored pencils filling them in.

When I need a pick-me-up I turn on Dave Edmunds Rockpile and turn it up. I have a disc with that album and some extras like "the creature from the black lagoon". It seems that the original Edmunds album titled "Rockpile" is not available on i-tunes.

This one:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockpile_(album)
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

My upcoming trip to Southern California made me remember this one.
    The 80s really wasn't that long ago.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

Been a long time since I've heard a vibraslap--much less seen one in a video! There were some good things about the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Been a long time since I've heard a vibraslap--much less seen one in a video! There were some good things about the 80s.
    Best thing about the 80s was that they retrospectively made the 70s look good

I grew up as an Elvis fan, still occasionally enjoy listening to him. Then moved more into old blues and jazz with my interest. But having been a teenager in the 70s with lots of slightly older friends, there is also a lot of classic rock stuff I like - and which red-blooded guy wasn't in love with Stevie Nicks in the 70s? A bit more embarrassing, but I also admit to a light crush on Suzi Quattro... And I still have to smile when I get surprised by tunes of the Sweet, Heart, etc.

but my real feefgood music is 40s/50s vocal jazz - Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan and a whole bunch of other ladies, but also a bit of Sinatra etc. The classic 'American Songbook' music and a nice single malt are the perfect way to relax for me. That doesn't mean that a bit of Hendrix, SRV, any of Claptons incarnations, Led Zeppelin, or even KC and the Sunshine Band occasionally make me turn up the volume in the car Listening to Bessie Smith while writing this, btw.

Stefan

The satellite radio in my shop is permanently stuck on Deep Tracks especially since they have stopped playing Velvet Underground's "Sister Ray" once a day. That was the one tune that would always make me change over to another station. Grinding and sanding whilst listening to Lou Reed (who I otherwise like) "sing' about tranny hookers and his ding-dong for 22 minutes just doesn't really work for me. Perhaps my favorite little rediscovery has been the short lived early 70's Stephen Stills/ Chris Hillman project Manassas.