D. Martell My New Knife Line - Unobtainium

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's right, I'm having a new knife line made up, I'm calling it "Unobtainium"!

They'll be made here in the USA out of a mix of every knifemaker super steel known plus a pinch of kryptonite high carbon that comes from deep outer space.

I suspect that these knives will be so popular that they'll be unobtainable.

PS - Please don't tell your friends about this or you might not get one for yourself. :wink:

Very interesting and intriguing Dave! Are you going to collaborate with aliens? :justkidding:

Handle is made of Yggdrasil burl and loch ness monster bone ferrule? If not... no deal! :p

What were you drinking, Dave? I want some of that.

Quenched in dragon blood...

Before the big corporation lawyers get a hold of you Dave, I think Unobtainium is already invented and copyrighted by Oakley....
Maybe "Evenmoreunobtainium" is free? :O

man and i thought i was going to be cool cause of the B52 steel i was gettign soon

We've got some stuff out at Groom Lake (aka Area 51) that might interest you. You would have to sign a few documents first, but I am sure we could work something out.

By the way, unobtainium is what for years Pratt & Whitney claimed made the turbine sections of its engines so expensive. Something sure did.

You do realize this guy :devilburn: will be your closest buddy some day. Wait a minute, I think he already is. :lol2:

We've got some stuff out at Groom Lake (aka Area 51) that might interest you. You would have to sign a few documents first, but I am sure we could work something out.

By the way, unobtainium is what for years Pratt & Whitney claimed made the turbine sections of its engines so expensive. Something sure did.
I thought that stuff was called "short TBO and uber-expensive mid cycle hot section inspection." :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back