Quantcast
Sous Chafe - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sous Chafe

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    Anyone else do that thing where you go into the walk in and grab your pants by the crotch and fan it, pulling cold air up through the cuffs?
    YES! Made me laugh pretty hard. To bad we can't just lock the walk in from the inside and let the boys out for a few.

Quote Originally Posted by skewed View Post
    YES! Made me laugh pretty hard. To bad we can't just lock the walk in from the inside and let the boys out for a few.
    who says we can't, being the boss has its privileges.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Thankfully, I haven't had to deal with this problem in a while, but when it was at its worst, I used liquid skin on the affected areas. Just had to remember to shave the affected area first, or removing it at the end of the day was a new kind of pain.

I've. Had some success using Gillette anti-perspirant gel.

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    I agree, anti-friction paste is definitely life changing, also the mentholated variety can be nice when it is really hot. I learned this from cycling, which inflicted similar wounds to the "saddle region". I recommend any "sous chafe" try some.
    Yeah, Chamois Butter, Bag Balm, etc would probably work well.

Since you cycle, did you ever shave your legs? One summer when I was riding a lot and had a couple bouts of road rash (that is scabbing from cuts sustained from crashes, not the type of stuff we are talking about in this thread) I shaved mine and holy crap did my legs feel a lot cooler when I did. You could really feel the improved air flow going up the pants too.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

It's probably not warm enough over here for a lot of what has been mentioned in this thread but I am always interested in learning things from everyone here. Any other tips for when it is warm? I wear one of those sweatband things like the tennis players on my wrist and I find it very useful when it is warm, especially if I am working at a fryer for 11 hours

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Socks:
    Haynes Comfort Stretch Ankle Socks
    http://www.amazon.com/Hanes-Comfort-...8&sr=8-5-spell
    or:
    Wigwam Cool-Lite Mid Hiker Pro Quarter Length Sock
    http://www.amazon.com/Wigwam-Cool-Li...2396613&sr=1-6

Drawers:
    Under Armour O series Ventilated Boxerjock
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ries+Boxerjock
    Life. Changer.

Pants:
    Chefwear Ventilated Performance Pant
    http://www.chefwear.com/store/item.a...RTMENT_ID=128&

Undershirt:
    Champion Men's Double Dry Training Muscle Tee
    http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Doubl...2397008&sr=8-4
    Or something similar I can't remember if this is the exact one or if they changed it but it's similar enough that I would buy this one as well.

I could talk jackets too or even how to modify your jackets as well if you wish. Really this stuff is essential in the kitchen. When I mention this to people at work they're like $17 for one pair of underwear?" Yes. I've even paid up to almost $30 at times. It's THAT worth it. Haven't needed corn starch since!
    Damn and Rick isn't even in all this humidity. I might have to check into this. I'm pretty good now a days, but sometimes gotta get down in the trenches and this might be of interest. Thanks for sharing Rick. It's cool, I get looked at funny when I mention petite cures, they just don't know. Knowledge and Wisdom is priceless.

Kind regards

Bryan

I needed workout clothes, so I got those socks and shirt. Very comfy and cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan G. View Post
    Damn and Rick isn't even in all this humidity. I might have to check into this. I'm pretty good now a days, but sometimes gotta get down in the trenches and this might be of interest. Thanks for sharing Rick. It's cool, I get looked at funny when I mention petite cures, they just don't know. Knowledge and Wisdom is priceless.

Kind regards

Bryan
    Yeah but I worked in Gainesville FL for a good 5 years at least. They don't call G'ville the swamp for nothing!
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

I worked with a dude that swore by wearing underwear, then basketball shorts, then the chef pants. He said it prevented the chaffing, tried it once and it worked, but I've never had a huge problem.
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating