Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The Price of Certain Makers Knives

No, Eamon, that is the emergency response plan for extinguishing the bag of burning dog crap Mr Richards found on his front step... (nevermind )

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

What? Nobody's heard of "The Hokey Pokey"?

Yup, it must be sex.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

HAHAHAHA!!!! As far as the making thing is concerned, i generally profile 8-10 blades at a time. then i heat treat them in batches of 4. If i forge a blade, which i think i will do primarily from here on out, it will increase the process by 3 normalizing cycles per blade. I am far from having a need to make 25 knives a month, so i grind blades in stages. I will do 4 blade rough grind, then work my way up the belts and do those 4 until close to final finish. I need to get a good system down for handles. I figure i put out about 10k in equipment, close to that again in handle materials, a chunk for steel, then propane and belts($200 a month in belts), It does cost a lot of money to operate. I have only sold a few knives so far, am not full time, and i have "blown my wad" financially, hoping that i do something worthwhile pursuing this hobby lol. I might decide to go full time in the near future, as the wife and i have been talking about it.

Didn't he call it POOP?
    Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post
    No, Eamon, that is the emergency response plan for extinguishing the bag of burning dog crap Mr Richards found on his front step... (nevermind )

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    Didn't he call it POOP?

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    If you want a custom knife, great. They are worth the money. But you're not necessarily buying performance.
    +1

I have no issue with whatever makers want to charge. If they get what they want and buyers are happy, then good for everyone. That being said I am pissed I couldn't spend a small fortune on knives

A small fortune starts one overdue rent check at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachowder View Post
    I have no issue with whatever makers want to charge. If they get what they want and buyers are happy, then good for everyone. That being said I am pissed I couldn't spend a small fortune on knives