Thread: Best photo hosting?

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.

Best photo hosting?

I've been using imageshack. Is photobucket better? Am I doing something wrong? When I put up pics they are kinda small and look crappy. I've never done this stuff before(obviously)

thx, knerd

I've always used photobucket so I can't tell you. It works for me.

For forums Dropbox allows public files which you can link to

Ive been using Google's picasa desktop application and web gallery since the first public beta.
    Controlling image uploads and size, managing galleries, and sharing permissions (setting who can see what) is all very easy.

To post a picasa hosted image on here, you just right click on the image, select "copy image url" and then paste that in the image location prompt in the forum post (the prompt thay shows up when you click the add image button.)

I am a photobucket user too. I have never had any issues, but have not looked for anything else. There are image settings within kkf. Perhaps go over your user settings. All my photos were thumbnails for a while until I adjusted the settings.

Picasa. Integrates really well, even has a simple editor function. Standard Google-style ad format, I.E. very unintrusive. Photobucket(which I used for a few years way back when) looks like the Vegas strip to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    I am a photobucket user too. I have never had any issues, but have not looked for anything else. There are image settings within kkf. Perhaps go over your user settings. All my photos were thumbnails for a while until I adjusted the settings.
    Where are these settings? My photos are thumbnails, too and I would like to correct that.
    “Lettuce is divine, although I’m not sure it’s really a food.” D. Vreeland

When you load from URL there is a check mark box that says retrieve from (yadayadayada), uncheck that and you will get full size pics in yer post!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    When you load from URL there is a check mark box that says retrieve from (yadayadayada), uncheck that and you will get full size pics in yer post!
    WOW! Thanks for that!!
    “Lettuce is divine, although I’m not sure it’s really a food.” D. Vreeland