What Do You Cut Boxes With?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Inspired by my recent purchase from Jon and another thread about living in boxes, I got to wondering what we knife people use to cut the every day box.

I mostly use my Bessy.

bessy.jpg

k.

Lol, I use the Miracle Blade slicer in my restaurant. Great for breaking down boxes.

Dolled up Kershaw.

It's an assisted one hander. Clips on your pocket or whatever.

folder.jpg

My benchmade 551, carry it with me everywhere, even to bed.

I had a Buck Vantage Pro that would EVISCERATE cardboard boxes.

A regular Stanley utility knife. Waiting on some firestorm damascus blades from Randy; the test batch was ground with a little too much belly for my taste, although the distal taper was really good. What stone progression do you guys like to use on the supplied blades? I have a couple naturals, but I may need more to help the blades get them really screaming sharp. I'm guessing it's my stropping routine...

I should add that I use a knife to open boxes, and cut off flaps and whatnot. I don't break them down with anything, I just pull the tape off and they fold themselves up.

I do not use a box cutter for anything, I hate them.

:plus1: Picked up that one during my liquor store stocking days.

Yep. In another ife I worked retail at Anderson's General Store in Ohio. We'd have to breakdown 1000s of boxes during the Christmas season.I can break them down 3-5 times with my fist than using a knife. It's stuck with me. If I don't use my fist I prefer a box cutter.

I either tear them apart by hand at the seams (in order to stuff them into recycling bin) or use the serrated blade of my Leatherman multitool.

Just tear it apart with whatever I find around. I usually use my keys to pierce the packing tape seals.

Dolled up Kershaw.

It's an assisted one hander. Clips on your pocket or whatever.

Just ordered me one of these with the D2 blade, not quite as pretty, though. I just keep losing my EDCs somehow, I hope this one will make it a bit longer, the lost ones didn't have a clip. I have plenty of boxes to try it out on.

Stefan

I either tear them apart by hand at the seams (in order to stuff them into recycling bin) or use the serrated blade of my Leatherman multitool.

:plus1: geezr do the old fashion way and instead of Leatherman
stomps with feet :fanning:

I just use my EDC pocket knife- a Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue (sprint run/limited edition with Hitachi blue steel).

I use a Columbia multi-tool pocket knife my wife got me, but I'd prefer to use this one :wink:

hyAMW.jpg

Back