How sweet does this Yanagiba look?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if i were to buy another Yanagi, that would definitely be at the top of my list. i'm pretty happy with my white steel Yoshihiro, though.

I think Yanagi's in general are some of the most beautiful entities in the world.

That one looks extra beautiful.

Go for it. Have the kensaki one myself, and it is an awesome knife.

I gave up Yanagiba's for lent - too bad - that one is pretty sweeet.

I've been eying the 270 Hide...don't really need a yanagi so I trying to decide between getting another gyuto or the yanagi...it sure is a nice looking knife

I've talked with Jon about the Hide yanagibas a number of time. I don't think I'm misquoting him when I say that he's told me that those knives are the standard bearer for other yanagibas.

I've held the 270. The Hide yanagibas have a heft that other yanagibas don't have. It's also not flashy. However, it's a beautiful knife. Absolutely solid feeling.

You guys are Hide enabler.

Frankly, its bevel is so darn easy to follow. Steel is very good, and sharpen up easily (probably also because bevel is very easy to follow). So that makes it (almost) ready for work OOTB and very easy to maintain. Its jigane also polishes up very nicely too.

Back