For my friends

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan G.

Reaction score
Sharing what I've been working on for the past 5 months. These are exclusive pics of most up to date shots. Inside a week it should be 100% finished ... shhh

DSC_0219.JPG
Almost done face of building

DSC_0181.JPG
Front door (Door handle not on yet in this pic)

DSC_0228.JPG

DSC_0234.JPG

DSC_0237.JPG

DSC_0236.JPG
unfinished PDR

DSC_0235.JPG

wow nice hope opening goes well. :doublethumbsup:

KITCHEN:

DSC_0238.JPG

DSC_0239.JPG

DSC_0240.JPG

DSC_0242.JPG

DSC_0246.JPG

DSC_0248.JPG

DSC_0253.JPG

DSC_0255.JPG

DSC_0257.JPG

DSC_0258.JPG

DSC_0261.JPG

DSC_0274.JPG
Anyone need a freezer? Don't know what to put in here

Kind Regards

Bryan

wow nothing prettier than a untouched unused kitchen, well maybe some knives I could think of.

Looks nice, I hope you will have a great start with this. Just wondering, what is that in pic # 5? And no door nobs but already fruit in the pantry? ;)

Stefan

Fryers ... more than we need for dinner ... it is with lunch in mind ... which I am going to do everything in my power to keep from ever happening by killing (kicking ass in a good way that is!) DINNER! Dinner only yes! Lunch only yes! Lunch and dinner, two different crews, two menus, no time to reflect, not my thing!

Stefan ... #5 are wine lockers. And the no door pic was from days ago. We have tile up on the cylinder on the front now and the door is finished.

For the concept it is streamlined extremely well. The only thing more excited about the place is the people we have hired. Very strong staff front and back with a good mix of vets and young mold-able people. Gonna be the talk of Tampa. Anyone in the area that wants to check it out let me know. We are not uptight and stuffy, not over the top with menu, not trying to please everyone by doing "everything" ... just please them by EXECUTING everything. Environment/people, food, and overall feeling.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Kind Regards

Bryan

Wow man awesome! Great kitchen. Lots of seating too! Best of luck Bryan!

Nice place. The only time I have ever seen equipment that new is when we went into a brand new building in culinary school. Only thing is why buy dessert sauces? They are so easy to make.

Awesome, looks like a great setup. What is between the prep stove and the ice machine, under the hanging pots?

As for the freezer...ice cream? Stash bins of ice if your ice machine starts sucking wind in the middle of July? If you get whole animals you can freeze parts and use them as you need, especially smaller parts you might want to save up to have enough of to run a special with. We save all of our scraps from butchering steaks, ducks, etc; freeze em, then when we have enough grind them up and making sausages or burgers with them. Every time you break down a salmon, scrape the extra meat off the spine, freeze it, save it until you have enough to make salmon cakes. Even if you just use it for staff meal it won't cost you anything.

Doesn't look like Chef Ramsey will be paying you a visit...

... at least not in the immediate future. :D

Best wishes on the venture!

Looks great Bryan - Get some pix on opening weekend and show us the craziness

Great idea to keep a stash of gobs and gobs of ice. It'll be there if/when you need it, and it'll keep the bill down--keeping a giant empty box cold ain't free!

Beautiful Brian! Great looking spaces! I wouldn't know my head from my a$$ in there, but it does look efficient.

Great idea to keep a stash of gobs and gobs of ice. It'll be there if/when you need it, and it'll keep the bill down--keeping a giant empty box cold ain't free!

Will it?

Looks like a great place, Bryan. Is it another branch of the same restaurant or an entirely new one?

The place looks awesome!! Best wishes for the start up, and if I ever get to Florida, I'll be sure to look you up.

This is our second location. Our original store has been open for 5 years.

I have already been Looking for ice bags. We are going to have crushed ice as well for bar, regular ice and by dessert/prep area in back we have a smaller ice machine that makes custom block ice cubes for rocks drinks. So yea you guys are right on that one.

And yea I actually have been stock piling spanalis in the freezer at the other location I will probably bring over here and use.

That is a steam kettle on back line between small range and ice machine.

As for the dessert sauces, yes it would make more sense to make them. We do house made donuts we are famous for, that get those sauces. Our original location is very small in comparison and space is tight, and we do lunch and dinner there, making prep a tight thing there. I helped open this concept and took a break for two years. I came back about 5 months ago to help restructure original and get ready for this one. It is very possible now that we have the space and ability to consistently produce more that we do some things in house I would rather do in house, not that the is a whole lot we don't do.

With all that freezer space I see some house made icecream or gelato in the freezer, although a friend of mine does some pretty sick gelato not too far from me, probably far better than I could make.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Anyone in the area is more than welcome to get a sleek peak and check things out before we open some time next week.

Kind regards

Probably be a couple years before I can make it to your place, but I'd be interested in a menu when you are able. I'm truly excited for you in this venture, and if I were close, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Menu is pretty straight forward American Contemporary. Top quality steaks, fish and food Americans love taken up a notch. They have one online, though it's a bit out of date. It was last updated before I came back .... I have got some of my changes on there. Grilleonesixteen.com At the new store I'll do some nicer specials as the clientele is there and the kitchen staff is further advanced to consistently pull things off. The staff at the original I am extremely proud of on their progress and the new Chef is great. As for my store, I feel extremely excited about the people we have. Good food is only made better by good people. Environment is EVERYTHING. If people don't feel good around you, they won't around your food. Keep an eye on our Facebook page, I'll post pictures up there when we get rolling.

Kindest regards to all

PS... Ramsey won't ever need to pay the kitchen a visit as long as I'm there. I'll take pics a year from now. Here are some of the other kitchen after 3 years right before I left for a couple years before coming back so those who haven't seen it have an idea (prep,Lunch,dinner) ... and now it's even tighter do to menu changes and different equipment ... owner is working on that with me as well, we've made great changes to that one since I've returned. I have fantastic owners and management.

Via crappy camera phone before I got this nice new DSLR I took the new restaurant pics with

IMG00183.jpg

IMG00204.jpg

IMG00184.jpg

IMG00191.jpg

IMG00192.jpg

IMG00195.jpg

IMG00203.jpg

Nice,and seeing those pics makes sense of why you bought the sauces.

Yea small space. Only stove on line, open for lunch at 11am so prep window is limited as line is out of use during lunch, goes straight to dinner. I'd rather sacrifice dessert sauce than other things done in house. If all goes as I envision we'll do so well in South Tampa we can nix lunch down there all together and we can use the kitchen to produce even nicer items for BOTH kitchens.

Thanks for looking

I'll try and get some more pics and shots of food up. Outside is 100% done now believe.

Sure doesn't look like the kitchens I used to see when I was out on the road sharpening. You're missing a lot slime and bits all over the place. :D

Hey good luck to you with the new place Bryan! :doublethumbsup:

Absolutely Dave. I know what will compliment the new kitchen just perfect ;)

Looks like a very nice place Bryan. Dig the kitchen (less the microwaves) and the dining room design is very nice. The tables do look a bit close but it may just be the camera angle. Booth height should help keep the noise down but they won't be fun to clean. I'd probably find a different place for the Immersion blender before some one has the chance to drop it.
Best of Luck with the new place!

Dave

Back