Saya for Yanagi's

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might be able to find a saya for a 300mm yanagiba. I'm not looking for anything flashy, just something to keep it safe in my bag and not have it deal with the scratches that come along with the use of plastic edge protectors.

Seems like a guy around here does this sorta thing.... Burke Cutlery, maybe?

I got the black lacquered one from korin. After some minor adjusting it fit like a glove.

Yeah Korin has three different ones for 300mm. However, I'm looking for a 210 yanagi saya and they don't have it. Can't find one anywhere!

I meant the black pebbled lacquer one earlier. Also Korin has 15% off saya and "accessories" for the rest of this month so grab em this week while you can.

Yeah Korin has three different ones for 300mm. However, I'm looking for a 210 yanagi saya and they don't have it. Can't find one anywhere!

I don't use sayas, so this may be stupid, but couldn't you just get a longer one and cut it too length? Would they have too much play for the knife?

Stefan

I think it might Stefan. I have a 210 and a 240 and the 210 spine is significantly thinner.

Latest posts

Back