• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Straight or DE razor from someone on this forum...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quantumcloud509

Reaction score
Man, been working 2x and 3x shifts past few weeks, no time to do anything. Miss being on here and the cool stuff that goes on here. Am looking for an open comb DE or a sweet straight edge if anyones got one (or two ;) ;) )

Go to whippeddog.com and grab yourself the site unseen deal. He will send you a decent razor thats been refurbished as well as an easy strop to use and you won't be setting yourself back much incase you hate it!

Larry will also help you out with sharpening, sending you razors to sharpen and you send them back!

Very easy to deal with!

Contact Stefan (mainaman) he is member here, and he restores and sell Straight Razors on SRP

I left my extra DEs back in Ottawa, but there are always plenty of them up for sale on the BST forum at BadgerandBlade.com. I think you will find they are a pretty good community. (Disclaimer: I'm not related or affiliated, but I do post in their forums and I've enjoyed a few purchases there myself.)

And if you are looking for a custom, also look up Robert Williams. Will make it to your specs for cheaper than any custom that pops up on straight razor designs. I have one and love it (also have a Charlie Lewis and a joe chandler).

I just received my first straight from Butch...Man is it ever awesome. Huge learning curve involved in using them, but as far as quality, it is fantastic!!!

Yeah Mike, Butch's razors seem to be something special!

mike jsut got a nice clean lookingn razor carbon steel and one pice milky white lookig stuff for a handle

It's nice to know that there are other people who shave with straight razors around....

Here is my Butch Harner straight. Sorry for the oil on the blade, it is carbon and i do not want it to get rusty. I should mention that this razor has a single piece of ivory for the handle that Butch beautifully split into the handle. The opening and closing of this thing is silky smooth, and it works beautifully.
P1030872.jpg

Butch makes some great razors. I had one but sold it because it wasn't a good fit for me but if I see another out there somewhere with my specs I will be buying...or when I get the cash :)

Back