Quantcast
Vendor Forum Closings
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vendor Forum Closings

Vendor Forum Closings

Over time we will see vendors come & vendors go, this is something that can not be avoided.

There are three reasons for a vendor forum closure...

1. Non-payment of fees

2. Non-renewal of subscription

3. Disciplinary action

Please understand that all of our vendors are important to us, each of them approved to do business here at KKF, and as such are looked upon as a valuable resource for the whole community. We do not wish to loose a single vendor - ever - but we (KKF & the vendors alike) can not control all variables of life & business that may arise

I'm posting on this subject, at this time, because the membership is likely to see changes being made as time goes by (over the years) and wonder why (what happened/etc?). The mod team, and myself, will not post on these situations as they are either business or personal related and the vendor deserves respect & privacy where we can afford it. Remember there are many reasons why a vendor would chose to retire their sub-forum and that we should be mindful & respectful of this

Thanks for your understanding and support in this matter.

Dave

...and I would imagine that the vendor/former vendor can continue to post or receive and respond to pm's, if they so choose, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    ...and I would imagine that the vendor/former vendor can continue to post or receive and respond to pm's, if they so choose, right?
    Of course, well as long as they're not booted from the site that is, but yeah they're still members as long as they wish to be.

Thanks for the clarification. I do like how the forums are clearly archived, but if we want to post on a product from those vendors I guess we have to start a new thread.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. I do like how the forums are clearly archived, but if we want to post on a product from those vendors I guess we have to start a new thread.

k.
    I don't think that's allowed? Thank that's what they call secondary passive promotion ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Niloc View Post
    I don't think that's allowed? Thank that's what they call secondary passive promotion ?
    It could be but if you buy a knife somewhere, I think we lose something if you don't put up a fair review/description. We talk about Koki's stuff, Mark, Blueway, Fowler, Kramer, etc, etc. and they aren't on the forum. Where would we be if we didn't talk about all kinds of stuff that's out there?

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

An ex-vendor (like every other member) cannot post about works of their own. If someone wanted to do a review of an ex-vendor's, or a non-vendor, work that would be perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    An ex-vendor (like every other member) cannot post about works of their own. If someone wanted to do a review of an ex-vendor's, or a non-vendor, work that would be perfectly fine.
    yep, that's one of the reasons I can't manage to hang out here very much.

as a knifemaker my posts and conversations tend to center around the knives I make which I'm not allowed to discuss here anymore

Quote Originally Posted by StephanFowler View Post
    yep, that's one of the reasons I can't manage to hang out here very much.

as a knifemaker my posts and conversations tend to center around the knives I make which I'm not allowed to discuss here anymore

Stephan, if you can't find something besides your own work to discuss here then that's not KKF's problem, it's your own.

Wow! That wasn't called for.

-AJ

+ Reply to Thread