Quantcast
Sous Vide / Cryovac ideas and techniques - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sous Vide / Cryovac ideas and techniques

Sous vide Anglaise is the best labour saving invention yet.

A coworker told me he once did a chocolate dish that imitated the "AERO" chocolate bars....like with all the bubbles in it. They would put it in the vac so it gets pressurized then unplug the machine before it goes PSSSHHHHHH haha. Anyways, there were more steps but I dozed off.

how to do you make sous vide anglaise? combine ingredients, cook, chill, and puree?

i like to use it for hollandaise, vegetables, quick flavor infusion. I use it to cook proteins to just done to where i can just sear them and serve with venison and lobster.

the vac machine is good for taking air out of sauces and gels to concentrate it more.

Quote Originally Posted by slowtyper View Post
    A coworker told me he once did a chocolate dish that imitated the "AERO" chocolate bars....like with all the bubbles in it. They would put it in the vac so it gets pressurized then unplug the machine before it goes PSSSHHHHHH haha. Anyways, there were more steps but I dozed off.
    They have a recipe for it in the Ideas in Food book, don't have it on me atm though...
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

super fast marinade: open pan of protein and marinade in the chamber, pull a ridiculous amount of pressure and switch it off before it equalizes. wait 20-30 minutes and it's like it was swimming for a day.

also, the hot water from prep sinks tends to be around 135-140F, depending on your sink size you can pull a lot of steaks for group functions.

Quote Originally Posted by jgraeff View Post
    how to do you make sous vide anglaise? combine ingredients, cook, chill, and puree?

i like to use it for hollandaise, vegetables, quick flavor infusion. I use it to cook proteins to just done to where i can just sear them and serve with venison and lobster.

the vac machine is good for taking air out of sauces and gels to concentrate it more.
    Make sure everything is cold.Blend,pass,bag under full pressure and then cook at 82 c for 20-25 minutes.Chill immediately in a large tub of iced water and shake the life out of it for a minute to break up any curds.Also has the advantage of pasteurising the Anglaise so it will keep in the bag under refrigeration for around a week.

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Quote Originally Posted by slowtyper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousCowboy View Post
    They have a recipe for it in the Ideas in Food book, don't have it on me atm though...
    Ok guys...who's got the recipe? I would love to try to make this.

Tomorrow I will attempt to play around with a scant recipe I found on 2 triple 7 blog for sous vide plums...anise, cinnamon, red wine...I think I like what Im hearing. http://2triple7.blogspot.com/2011/01...ide-plums.html

BTW anyone here working at 2 triple 7? I have a few questions about things I have found in the blog...main one being what the heck and how and what flavor did you get with the mountain pepper glass?

Also, have been doing a simple paprika, salt, mixed oil 1/4 turn cut parsnip sous vide which gets carmelized on the flat top after and goes with the tofu and chicken dishes.
    Looking for ideas for a different flavor profile/ combination for parsnip - what have you been doing?
    I found an idea I liked earlier this morning...veg demi glaze+thyme+parsnip. Will be running trial version of it tomorrow as well.
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

Here is the blog version. It is also in the book.

http://blog.ideasinfood.com/ideas_in...9/04/aero.html

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Thank you. Been playing with sous vide for only a month. That website and blog are new to me.
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

I strongly dislike sous vide for any proteins you're going to pick up in a pan, especially steaks - unless you're using tranny/meat glue - but it is great IMO if you're doing duck confit or pork belly. I haven't done anything like short-ribs sous vide (and I'd feel wrong doing so) - but long confits/braises are a real time/money saver in a circulator IMO.

+ Reply to Thread