Tamanegikin's knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamanegiKin

Reaction score
Fiancee and I just moved to a place with a built in display.
I couldn't resist the urge to put my knives in it. Thinking that some Tenegui under them would probably add some raditude, so that'll be next.
Anyway here's the family portrait.

IMAG0350.jpg

IMAG0351.jpg

IMAG0352.jpg

Sorry for the less than stellar pics.

Left side starting at the top:
-Suisin 300 shiro-ko Yanagiba
-Yoshihiro 195 blue#2 Deba
-Yoshihiro 165 SKD Nakiri
-Unknown Hagane Garasaki
-Tojiro DP Honesuki

Western gyutos in the center:
-Konosuke 240 HD
-Hiromoto 240 AS

Right side starting from the top:
-Suisin 270 Inox Honyaki Gyuto
-Masamoto 240 KS Gyuto
-Kochi 240 Kuro-uchi Gyuto
-Gesshin Hide 240 Blue#2 Hon-Kasumi Gyuto
-Konosuke 240 White#2 Gyuto
-Konosuke 210 White#2 Petty

I'll try for some better individual shots soon.

Wow nice find on the house that has a perfect display for your knives.

Thanks y'all, it worked out pretty well. Truthfully, I hadn't even thought about the knives going in the case until we started unpacking. :)

Excellent collection.

However, for the sake of symmetry, you need to either a) sell two, or b) buy nine more and take over the top shelf too. ;)

Congrats on the new place.

Johnny,
Thanks and great point! You know that around these parts it'll always be option b haha.
Then after that my knives will hopefully begin inhabiting a third shelf lol.
Maybe at that point the ole ladybird will kick me outta the house.

Or maybe you could just have a couple of these made to fit against the back of that cabinet, with the few that don't fit on the wall as you have them now in front of the racks...

Just tell your lady it's either custom racks or nine more knives and a second shelf in the cabinet. :)

You mean the third shelf second is already taken for more knives.:dance4:

well, ... What is the favorite?:cooking:

Hmm that's tough, I don't think I can pick a favorite. I enjoy them all for their individual characteristics. Lately though, I've been mostly using the Suisin Inox, Gesshin Hide, Kono HD and Kochi gyutos at work (in no particular order). :)

Or maybe you could just have a couple of these made to fit against the back of that cabinet, with the few that don't fit on the wall as you have them now in front of the racks...

Just tell your lady it's either custom racks or nine more knives and a second shelf in the cabinet. :)

I'm going to have to trick her into whichever option that'll allow the most knives in the long run muahahah. :spiteful:

Latest posts

Back