Quantcast
Ivory Chop sticks!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ivory Chop sticks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    Randy, how are you progressing on the ivory wok?

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Haha, finally found your limits

For a while I was worried you may not have any.

David, I sure am having fun testing the boundaries!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I thought it was a Damascus Wok??? With an Ivory handle

Those are beautiful!! I think a SS dammy tip would make them over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    I dont know, I have seen chop sticks that had a couple of grooves cut in them near the tip. is this what you mean?
    I have some nice wooden sticks that the tips are textured like sandpaper almost so they grip food better. Kinda cool idea that works fairly well.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Mario, That would be cool. Im looking into making a take down set. where I can have ivory tips and burl or damascus tops. Maybe a classy carry case included etc.

ThEoRy. I see what ya mean. I did not do that on these. But if someone requested it. I could easily do so.

Availible Knives

WHOOT !!!!!!

The sticks made it safe and sound to there new home, and the reports are. That they are awesome and work perfectly!!! Makes all the work and even the large pile of scrap all seem worth it!!

A special THANK YOU to all KKF members as well as Dave and the forum itself. You guys and this place ROCK.. and have become my all time favorite group of knife nuts and enablers!!!

God Bless YA

Availible Knives

Randy, they are magnificent. I have used them a few times and they work perfectly. The finish is so smooth I thought they might be difficult to control, but that is not the case. They are just right, and being enjoyed! For the patina lovers, of which I am now a member, you can see a bit of "patina" on the shorter four chopsticks. They have been introduced to soy sauce, and have taken on a nice color. I intend to use them a lot, so the color is going to be part of the joy.

Randy, you da man! It is delightful working with you on these off-the-wall projects!

Keith

p.s. I'll work on my photography and see if I can't get some better photos.
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Awesome news Keith! They look good with a little patina on them! Thanks for posting the photo and update!

Availible Knives